• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS giving a bribe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Several of us answered RF's question. It is more accurate to say that he never acknowledged the replies...:rolleyes: Brick, I don't see how RF will be able to pour coffee with his head buried in the sand...;) Now there's your entertainment....:p

A question for the non-participating Options pilots: When your fellow pilots win a contract how will you feel about the degree of help (or hindrance) you gave to the cause?

That's awesome news!

Thank You, DL! Your fellow Options pilots and their families will also appreciate that, I know. Can I say that I'm proud of you without sounding patronizing? Please know that I mean it with sincerity and all due respect. I can well remember how some of you thought I was crazy when I first suggested that you, too, could make a stand. Now look at you go!!! :)
Respectfully,
Netjetwife

NJW let's be clear, I have been acknowleding every response. I may not have been posting an acknowledgement, but I have been reading along.
I see now that this is very much a pride issue. From the sounds of it, most feel that if they are going down, they want to go down putting up a fight, I can respect that.
But there are a lot of pilots at Flight Options who do not agree with the way this is being fought. It is apparent that whatever the union leaders are doing is not working. Even more things have been taken away or imposed that do not benefit the employee since the union was voted in. What has the union done for the common crew member? Maybe a new strategy needs to be devised to get this contract. This company will be much better once this contract is signed. Not necessarily because there will be a contract, but because there won't be any more games being played.

The Pilots have the Power, NOT the Union Leadership

NJW let's be clear, I have been acknowleding every response. I may not have been posting an acknowledgement, but I have been reading along.
I see now that this is very much a pride issue. From the sounds of it, most feel that if they are going down, they want to go down putting up a fight, I can respect that.
But there are a lot of pilots at Flight Options who do not agree with the way this is being fought. It is apparent that whatever the union leaders are doing is not working. Even more things have been taken away or imposed that do not benefit the employee since the union was voted in. What has the union done for the common crew member? Maybe a new strategy needs to be devised to get this contract. This company will be much better once this contract is signed. Not necessarily because there will be a contract, but because there won't be any more games being played.

When you are dealing with the likes of our CEO, who cares not about people, but only about numbers, Management will not stop taking, until the Pilots make it too costly for them to take. In otherwords, Management will continue to degrade our Pay and Quality of Life until the vast majority of our Pilots, collectively, hit them hard in their wallet. No one needs to act illegally to accomplish this either. We all must collectively stop the favors and fly ONLY in a legal manner. Not until our CEO recognizes that it is more cost effective to work with the Pilots than against them, will the bleeding stop.

So next time you want to blame your Union Leadership for the latest attack on our Pilots by Management, ask yourself, "What am I doing to convince Management to stop? Am I not only doing my part, but convincing others to do their part as well? Where does my Union Leadership's Power come from?"

It comes from YOU and our other Line Pilots. Without your Constant and Steady "Communication" to Management of your displeasure as to how you are being treated, the bleeding will continue.

When will the Bleeding stop? When we have a Contract. And when will we have a Contract? The Day Management believes it is more cost effective to sign a Fair Contract than to continue fighting the Pilots; and not a Day before.

You Sir, and your Fellow Line Pilots, control that time table by how efficiently the Company runs. Make things easy on Scheeringa, and he will make things hard on you. Make things hard on him, and get all your buddies to do the same, and then Negotiations will speed up and we will get closer to a Contract.

You have the Power. Use it wisely.

Freedom.

Excellent post, Freedom!

RF, forgive me for being a "gadfly" and "goading" you into responding....:D (it's a private joke from another thread) but we're not mind-readers so thanks for posting your thoughts...:p

Yes, it's a matter of pride--self respect, to be exact. The "going down" scenario was started by you, remember. Others were just answering the question as you posed it. The company can choose to settle fairly with the pilots anytime they have had enough of the labor dispute being a distraction. I believe most think the pilots will get the contract they fight for.

I disagree that the strategy isn't working. It all reminds me of when the NJ pilots were at the table. As many have said, management uses the plays right out of the union-busting textbook...:rolleyes: But hey, the Fight IS ON! That's much closer to a contract than Options pilots were last year.

I'm positive that the leadership welcomes involvement by the pilots. Those who are adversely affected by the stress of negotiations should join the fight and do everything they can to help convince the company that it is best to hammer out a contract--sooner, rather than later. Things always go better when there are written rules for everyone to follow and the workforce is treated respectfully and compensated appropriately.

A challenge to the group (mentioned by RF) that doesn't agree Options pilots should follow the example of those who raised the bar before them: Give it your best effort--100%--for the next 4 months. Do all that your leadership asks of you. Then, if you have seen no progress, have a brainstorming session with your pilot group and present your ideas on how better to achieve the industry standard contract y'all deserve.
Best wishes, NJW

IT IS HARD TO ACHIEVE A STANDING OVATION UNLESS EVERYONE STANDS AT THE SAME TIME

Latest resources

Back