• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS and XO Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is Ricci sees the honeymoon is over. His charm and steak dinners only went so far, and the Union is towing the line and not budging when it comes to what's left on the table: Scope, pay, benefits, schedules.

SOMETHING is going down with XO Jet. Our scope will prohibit anyone doing our flying. That spells merger to me.

So now my guess is Ricci, who is a lawyer, is talking to his lawyers and seeing what would happen if he decided to merge XO Jet now, while the contract is still in negotiation.

The problem is, peak travel is a stone's throw away. Our pilots learned to fly the pledge last year very well. If he were to merge now, a war is what he'd have on his hands again, and sure, he'd have XO's Jets, but he won't have his own. XO Jet is now neck-deep in debt that needs to be paid. Options already has its own debt, and has shrunk to quality of scale problem-size, meaning, he doesn't even have enough airplanes (let alone the crews to fly them) to cover trips in an appropriate fashion. This means 4-hour repo's for 45 minute legs, which is NOT how we will make any money, let alone the disservicing that will occur for those repo's plus the fact of dealing with only 40% of his fleets "green".

Ricci's gonna screw up if he decides to protract negotiations and fight further on this. His best bet is to get the contract DONE. Then he will have pilots who will be more than happy to help out however they can for peak travel, will definitely go above and beyond (which will NOT happen until then), and will be happy to assist the XOJet merger - especially if their pay is better than ours, that's what an LOA is for.

If he merges without a contract, he's gonna have the smelliest sh!t sandwich he's ever seen, and an already embittered pilot group will now be even more embittered.

It isn't rocket surgery what needs to happen for the good of the Company. Let's hope he's smarter than that.

One thing's for sure. The past 4 weeks Ricci hasn't even been in negotiations and even Hertzberg's been out of the picture. Nothing's getting accomplished and the Union's twiddling their thumbs. They are just trying to wait as long as possible before flipping the switch to turn the war back on, but that's what looks like is going to happen.

Too bad. Oh, well. Where's my pen? I need to start doing exercises with my fingers so they are strong enough to handle what's coming.

I don't know why you guys think there is going to be a merger? Wishful thinking maybe...

I don't know why you guys think there is going to be a merger? Wishful thinking maybe...

We saw this all before when Travel Air managers and Flight options managers were visiting each other and having discussions. All the time saying that there will not be a merger.

Then the e mail comes out saying we have merged.

Cherry congrats on getting hired at XOJet. But you haven't even done a trip with them yet (you don't even have a class date yet). There are a lot of pilots at FLOPS that have seen how the merger thing has played out, all the lies and were doing so good and poof there is the email, here is the phone number to FLOPS and on this day start using it.
You do need to know that our CEO is an XOjet guy and they have been at CGF. WHat there talking about, I have no clue. Nobody here does.

Last edited:

NO, not wishful thinking, just experience. We have all been through this before and there are to many similarities.

We are not ignorant enough to believe a merger can't happen. We already know that our companies are talking and for whatever reason they are not discussing the meetings with the pilot groups. Furthermore, our chairman has already mentioned an acquisition.

You guys can stick your head in the sand and hope for the best. The FLOPS pilots will be ready.

Don't get your panties in a wad FLOPS pilots. Settle down. I just don't see it happening. Thats all I'm saying.

And I do have a class date on the 8th.

Back to sticking my head in the sand! haha

5 whole mins in the frac world and cherry knows all LOL.....Cherry your name says it all...get it???

just playin......have fun in the 10.

Latest resources

Back