FLOPS Aircraft in MIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guessed it!!! B19 is WRONG again!!!

You need to do some research before you make outrageous claims.

Your husband flew F-16s. In the Air Force, he got to live his dream. He's now flying for NetJets. While I'm sure he's happy making the money he is, there is no way on this living earth you can tell me when he taxi's out behind an American 767 or 777 he's not thinking that's what he would prefer to be doing. I'm sorry, there isn't a corporate jet in the world that matches the big iron flown by a major airline, and there isn't a paycheck in the corporate world that will match it either.

Ok, you were laid off from American too, right? You had it in your hand, and lost it too, right? Not a self esteem issue, its more along the lines of self respect.

It's got nothing to do with the size of the airplane. I've worked with way too many fighter pilots to simply believe that losing his job at American with the potential career earnings is completely acceptable compared to what he is doing now . Fighter jocks NEVER settle for less than what they wanted.

Maybe he's different. He did choose American first over NJ.

Many of the guys I know that came out of legacy carriers are very comfortable with what they are doing now, but it's no secret amongst any of them that they don't like the fact they weren't able to complete what they started even though they fly the same equipment.

On the shiny jet syndrome? My point was the paint, the career and the inability to complete what was started. No matter how big NJ grows, on it's best day it won't match the status, the payroll or the equipment of AA. Ask the average person, they can't tell you that NJ even exists. That isn't meaning to be disrespectful to the folks at NJ either.

American on the other hand? 80 years of history speaks for itself.

First off, these post are contradictory.

Anyway,
On it's best day NetJets won't match the "status"... of AA??? What does that mean? :confused:

NJA won't match the equipment of AA? Why would we? They are completely different business models!:nuts:

The average person doesn't know about NJA because we don't market to the average person. NJA is an "elite" club for the richest 2% of the world! AA and the rest of the U.S. airlines are cattle cars for the common masses! Plus they are BLEEDING money. Why would we WANT to be like them???

You want to compare pay? OK. Lets compare AA to NJA. :cool: These rates are from http://airlinepilotcentral.com/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,64/Itemid,85.html and the 2007 NJA CBA

Year 1 737 AND 777 FO for AA:

$35/hr with a 73 hr RSV guarantee = $30,660 (higher paid schedule)

Year 1 FO for NJA on 7&7= $56,875 (The lowest paid schedule)

Year 7 737 CA for AA:

$157/hr with a 64 hr line guarantee = $120,567
$157/hr with a 73 hr RSV guarantee = $137,532

Year 7 PIC at NJA on:
7&7 schedule is $107,560
18 day Schedule is = $130,847

They are about the same depending on which schedule you are on. Here's another thing to consider. How much do the AA pilot's pay for medical/ dental/ vision? $6000/ yr for a family of 4? What is their 401k match? Crashpad? How many nights a month do they ACTUALLY sleep in their own bed instead of a crashpad or a hotel?

Looks pretty comparable to me.

B19... serious question here.

What is it that you want? What are you trying to do? You have no friends on this board. Everyone hates you. Your information is bogus. You're getting nowhere with your posts.

Do you realize that when you're on your deathbed, and unions are still around, and you haven't changed anyones mind about it, all you'll have to look back upon is the rediculously large amount of time you spent hiding behind a screen name of "B19" posting worthless crap on flightinfo.com?

What a pathetic way to waste your life. There are much better causes you can put you're efforts towards and you might actually have some success and make a difference.

Oh crap, Please , name me something that was part of the "Original" plan at this crap box that you so cherish. Didn't we have to accept Sheringgas new Idea of an original plan.

How do you like the 3 words I changed, kinda works hu?

"like a MANAGEMENT action that you had no part of and are forced to accept something that wasn't part of the original plan, IT IS the same thing. "

In all companies there is management.

Unions do not exist in all companies.

Thus, if a union is removed from the company, then there can not be union turmoil.

If management is removed from the company, there is no company,

This applies to all companies, not just aviation.

You need to do some research before you make outrageous claims.

First off, these post are contradictory.

Anyway,
On it's best day NetJets won't match the "status"... of AA??? What does that mean? :confused:

NJA won't match the equipment of AA? Why would we? They are completely different business models!:nuts:

The average person doesn't know about NJA because we don't market to the average person. NJA is an "elite" club for the richest 2% of the world! AA and the rest of the U.S. airlines are cattle cars for the common masses! Plus they are BLEEDING money. Why would we WANT to be like them???

You want to compare pay? OK. Lets compare AA to NJA. :cool: These rates are from http://airlinepilotcentral.com/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,64/Itemid,85.html and the 2007 NJA CBA

Year 1 737 AND 777 FO for AA:

$35/hr with a 73 hr RSV guarantee = $30,660 (higher paid schedule)

Year 1 FO for NJA on 7&7= $56,875 (The lowest paid schedule)

Year 7 737 CA for AA:

$157/hr with a 64 hr line guarantee = $120,567
$157/hr with a 73 hr RSV guarantee = $137,532

Year 7 PIC at NJA on:
7&7 schedule is $107,560
18 day Schedule is = $130,847

They are about the same depending on which schedule you are on. Here's another thing to consider. How much do the AA pilot's pay for medical/ dental/ vision? $6000/ yr for a family of 4? What is their 401k match? Crashpad? How many nights a month do they ACTUALLY sleep in their own bed instead of a crashpad or a hotel?

Looks pretty comparable to me.

Missing the point entirely.

NJ wasn't his first choice, it was what he was forced to do because the union didn't act on a timely basis.

I make more $$ now than I ever would have at the legacy carrier I was with. But like him, it wasn't my choice either. I am safer now and actually very happy where I am because there is no union turmoil (no union, no turmoil), but I had achieved what I wanted and would have to give up way too much to go back to a legacy carrier at this point.

Maybe your only aspirations as a pilot was to do what you are doing now, I don't know. Mine wasn't.

My career was changed twice due to union interventions, as was his.

NJ wasn't his first choice.

That is the point. No union, no turmoil.

B19... serious question here.

What is it that you want? What are you trying to do? You have no friends on this board. Everyone hates you. Your information is bogus. You're getting nowhere with your posts.

Do you realize that when you're on your deathbed, and unions are still around, and you haven't changed anyones mind about it, all you'll have to look back upon is the rediculously large amount of time you spent hiding behind a screen name of "B19" posting worthless crap on flightinfo.com?

What a pathetic way to waste your life. There are much better causes you can put you're efforts towards and you might actually have some success and make a difference.

You are obviously smarter than me. You figure it out. :cool:

Missing the point entirely.

NJ wasn't his first choice, it was what he was forced to do because the union didn't act on a timely basis.

I make more $$ now than I ever would have at the legacy carrier I was with. But like him, it wasn't my choice either. I am safer now and actually very happy where I am because there is no union turmoil (no union, no turmoil), but I had achieved what I wanted and would have to give up way too much to go back to a legacy carrier at this point.

Maybe your only aspirations as a pilot was to do what you are doing now, I don't know. Mine wasn't.

My career was changed twice due to union interventions, as was his.

NJ wasn't his first choice.

That is the point. No union, no turmoil.

Does that mean you are going to concede that I was right and you are wrong?;)

No union, no turmoil. Simple. Be careful what you ask for.

Oh, BTW, as far as "hacking it as a pilot", keep your hopes up that you are always able to maintain a 1st class medical.

If you can't, your views about unions and the lack of understanding about the business side of aviation are not looking good for you to have continued employment in the industry.

My apologies. I wouldn't wish a lost medical on any pilot, even you.

However, you're still full of it. My post about that there are two sides of the coin stands. Your management is infallible attitude is as stupid and ignorant as ever.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back