FLOPS Aircraft in MIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCOE175

What airplanes does flight options base in MIA... I got a call today about an interview for a position in MIA. I have read all the post and not sure if I should call them back...
But just wanted to know the A/C

Thanks

Flops doesn't have aircraft bases. It's a "nomadic" fleet. The pilots are home based (sort of).

I doubt your contact is flops.

It is flight ops that called... They said they were looking to fill the MIA base... I didn't know that they didn't have ac there that is why i was asking... why would u doubt it?

I doubted it was Options because Flight Options does not "base" planes anywhere.

They're like U-Haul trucks (in more ways than one). They don't have crew bases (per se). I don't know how may airports exactly they'll allow their crews to commute out of. Used to be a lot, now it's like 30 or 40.

I have no idea what they're telling their prospective new hires. They like to make things up as they go.

They do have mx bases. CGF, TEB, PBI, LAS, McClellan in Sacramento (forgot the identifier MCC I think).

The only thing I can think of is that it might be for a new thing they're doing. Apparently, they are trying to get into the "managed" aircraft buisness. That might explain it.

Anyone considering that might want to talk to the folks over at Principal Financial if I'm not mistaken. Principal took a plane back from flops that was on leaseback. MAJOR problems on the inspection. If I remember correctly, a former flops guy went to work there and was flying for Principal when this took place.

If it's Flight Options, run away. Read a few of the many threads here on them. I assure you, as bad as the many threads may sound, I have yet to read one that was untrue.

FLOPS new owner HIG Capital is headquartered in Miami. Maybe they want a number of jets always available for their use.

I believe that could be true. There may be another yet to be announced managed aircraft to be based in MIA. But if this is the case, then they are actively pursuing pilots outside of the current pilots that we have on the dwindling seniority list here at Flight Options.

Once again, this is not good for the poor labor relations. I am hearing that we are currently loosing many pilots that are in the double digits. Even Captains in the Legacy are poised to leave. I have yet to see anything positive from the management side to try to turn the tide.

To Management that reads this, you may have your head in the sand and not have people under you that will be honest to you about just how bad things are. But each tour, things are getting worse and worse for moral and the daily operations of the company. Everyone is talking about leaving, and I mean everyone I talk to. From co-pilots to senior captains. I'm told Net Jets now has more than 300 of our pilots resumes on file. That's more than half of our current pilot roster. What are you doing? What is you plan? Just don't talk to us, because most of us no longer believe you. show us you want to do the right thing to save this company before it's too late. It is getting ugly out here, and know one likes to work in an atmosphere like this. It is bad for moral, and it is bad for business.

As I have said before, I too am now planing on leaving. Not that I want to, but because I think this company is going to a place where it can't return. Some of us are willing to try to save this company. I will do my part if you will. Net Jets learned their lesson, and everyone is better off for it. They have a thriving business. If you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it.

What airplanes does flight options base in MIA... I got a call today about an interview for a position in MIA. I have read all the post and not sure if I should call them back...

Thanks

They got into the aircraft management business, just like Executive jet management. Someone owns the aircraft, he's probably out of MIA.

If you have a job right now, you're better off just waiting for something better to come along. Exec Jet managment would be a better deal than FLOPS, they have accounts all over the place (Falcons, Challengers, Sovereign, etc), and their benefit-package is as good as NJ, FREE......

Tier One Airport

Thanks

KMIA is a "Tier One" Domicile for Options so it could be that they are hiring now for that domicile. That is my guess. That doesn't mean that the aircraft are based there or that you will always fly from Miami. Quite the contrary is what to expect.

HS

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back