• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlightSafety Wichita

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scotch and sirloin is recommended, plus the hot business chick crowd is there at happy hour time, fridays.

have been to "witch-a-titty" for King Air 350 and enjoyed it. stayed at Marriott. there are better cities for food, but you'll survive. A place called "the grape" had good food, but that was quite a number of years ago. if my memory is correct, the bar in Marriott was fun.

Yeah, the Grape was a good place. It hasn't been in operation for a few years now. The Red Rock Grill is very good. It is South of 21st St. on Rock Road. Just north of the Beech FS on Central and Webb is Abuelos (Tex Mex, Very Good), P.F. Changs, Chesters Chop House (Very expensive).

Hey Tgaug, I'm guessing you survived the bloodletting? If so congrats. I'll be up there at the end of the month for CE-650 recurrent.

So what's the difference between the 800XP and the 900XP (I'm guessing proline 21 and winglets)? Also, one of my favorite memory joggers: 33 time to pee.

So what's the difference between the 800XP and the 900XP (I'm guessing proline 21 and winglets)? Also, one of my favorite memory joggers: 33 time to pee.

It's an 850XP with TFE731-50Rs and tweaked winglets. It's got a bit better range than the 850, better high & hot performance, better climbs and better runways in general. The Proline 21 has been standard since the 850XP I believe (optional on the 800XP).

Was in ICT for 800XP initial. I don't know if they still do this, but they make you know the memory items verbatim. No slang. Whatever the bold items are, you have to say them that way word for word. Was glad to get out of there.

That's the way it was in the Military! It's better for you in the long run.

That's fine as long as everyone in the department goes to the same training facility. You can't have some going to FSI and some going to CAE. Taking that even further, you pretty much have to go to the same location of the same training provider as well. I've attended FSI Atlanta and it was completely different than FSI Long Beach, both for the same aircraft.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you here to some extent, it's not as practical on the civilian side. Of course you are always able to provide your own checklist to either training provider if you so desire. I know of several larger companies that do this.

Cheers!

Remember the Beech learning center is on the opposite side of town as ICT and the other FSI facilities, so get a hotel accordingly, there are plenty to choose from, I usually go with the Residence Inn, about 5 min drive. The parking lot thing is a mess, park like a block away and just walk, you will beat the van every time. The FSI break room is well stocked, you can put together a decent breakfast fast, and even a quick lunch if needed. Also a Quizno's within quick walking distance for a quick lunch. Head north or west and you will quickly run into many of the normal chain restaurants, along with some good local places. Have fun.

Latest resources

Back