FlightSafety Wichita

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wichita

If you happen to be into Japanese food, there is great sushi restaurant in old town, right next to a small theater, sorry forgot the name. Some of the best I have had in the US . Actually owned by Koreans, but really good quality, and the so is the Sake.

If you happen to be into Japanese food, there is great sushi restaurant in old town, right next to a small theater, sorry forgot the name. Some of the best I have had in the US . Actually owned by Koreans, but really good quality, and the so is the Sake.

I arrived here to ICT yesterday and am starting at FSI today. I think you might be referring to Sumo's by Nambara (formerly Sumo's Japanese Grill). Ate sushi there last night. It was very good.

Best Restaurants:

Scotch and Sirloin
Strouds (best chicken you'll ever get...if you can find it)
Tommy's
Old Chicago
Timberline Steakhouse (best prime rib ever!!!)

Best Fast Food:

NuWay (get the steamed burger, homemade fries and homemade root beer float with homemade ice cream)
Spangles (local favorite...gyros are great, fries are the best anywhere)

Movies:
The Palace (Old theatre feel, employees wear tuxedo's and formal wear and some theaters have balconies)

You gave yourself away Mike! I'll see you there! ;)

LOL.

Hey, I want to make sure that you get the most from the "Brand B" experience!

It's day 3 so it'll just be the fun stuff, none of those boring old checkride things.

ETA==> Oh, and you didn't say what kind of Krispy Kreme you wanted!

Last edited:
Was in ICT for 800XP initial. I don't know if they still do this, but they make you know the memory items verbatim. No slang. Whatever the bold items are, you have to say them that way word for word. Was glad to get out of there.

Most programs I have been through are this way. I think they emphasize this on the Hawker because the britts gave everything a different name.

I am helping a friend get ready for initial in our plane right now. He thought is had a bunch of strange things on it after he looked at the study guide. Once I got him in the plane he saw that there was nothing he had not flown before, it is just called something different.

I had a great time in Hawker initial. Proline 21 is awesome.

Restaurants.

PF Changs
Great Mexican Place right next to Changs.
Walt's....Best Burger....Stiffest mixed drink.
BoneFish

Many great eats in the new upscale area just north of Beech Field.

The Mariott is fine for a night or two, but for initial I really like the suite set up's that allow more study room.

If you are new to the Proline 21, I have a mode selection checklist reminder that is very helpful.

Hey Tgaug, I'm guessing you survived the bloodletting? If so congrats. I'll be up there at the end of the month for CE-650 recurrent.

I made it through unscathed!!! Let me know when you will be up here. I'll be in Peru and Argentina the last week of April. But, if you are here before then give me a shout!

Latest resources

Back