FlightOptions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twisted said:
When I started at FltOps I was Sen # around 960. In the last year and a half 175 pilots in front of me have left. That is an attrition rate of 18.2%. 56 new pilots have been hired for a net loss of 119 pilots. That is a net attrition rate of 12.4%. What does that mean? Well, assuming an unchanging number of aircraft and therefore positions, upgrade will occur faster than expected because everyone is quitting. Of course since we can't replace the pilots fast enough planes will end up sitting and we will have to contract charter more which will make us lose more money which will send us out of business. If you are lucky, you can pull up roots and move your family to some new place with a higher cost of living just so you can work for a company that probably won't exist for the 25 - 35 years you might want to make a career. Assuming you would want to make a career at FltOps. I don't see that being the case much anymore. Fortunately, pilots being the consumate professionals that we are, safety and, to an extent, customer service will remain priorities as long as we are flying here. it is only right to do your best in the situation you are in, but no one realistically expects folks to stick it out anymore I don't think.

That was a great post! Well said...

The "Go Forward" program is to forget what Flops has done to you in the past and prepare for what they are going to do to you now without protection of a contract.

Flops wants all pilots at year one pay except the SFO's, they will continue to get special treatment that nobody else can attain for doing the companies dirty work and teaching others to fly illegally as easily as breathing without a second thought and without question. SFO's are handy at dispensing the cool-aid also.

The future business model is simular to the commuters, low pay, poor bennies, poor QOL and they want you to leave.

The changes Flops has been making are designed to get employees (higher than year one pay) to quit. If they just fire you it exposses them to un-employment and law suites. The senior (anyone over 6 months) pilots have had enough and are pushing for a contract (unionize) to stop the mistreatment.

Send in the Union card ASAP!

To all Flops newcomers that are not on the mailing list yet.
Please send in your card supporting a vote to:

IBT
PMB 203
1255 N. Hamilton Road
Gahanna, OH 43230

On any piece of paper write:

Flight Options Pilot Authorization Card
Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
SSN:
Fleet of plane:
Seat position:
Seniority: (if known)
Sign and date.

I really need to make more $ and get out of my current 135 job which is a seasonal piston. 2500TT 900ME . Flt Options, Flexjet, Netjets, Regionals, 7-Eleven, WW You DO? My crystal ball is MEL'd

illeagle said:
I really need to make more $ and get out of my current 135 job which is a seasonal piston. 2500TT 900ME . Flt Options, Flexjet, Netjets, Regionals, 7-Eleven, WW You DO? My crystal ball is MEL'd

Law school - and later work for the Fractional companies as a labor contract negotiator - you'll make a MINT............

illeagle said:

Walmart greeter. You'll have a better quality of life.

To all Flight Options New Hires

Fedmagnet

Thanks for putting the word out to the new guys. Just sending in you name and address unfortunately is not enough for the NMB. There has to be a card the represents what they are endorsing. All of you are receiving a mailing this week that contains an "official" representation card. This is being done to short stop any heart burn that we might get from the NMB about the photo copied cards we have all sent in. Please all of you fill one of these card out very neatly and mail it back in. Use the extra for any one you find that was missed in the mailing. Have them fill it out for you and you mail it for them. At this point every card counts and we can't afford to give them to someone if they are not serious enough to fill it out for you. If you need more cards or if you do not get your mail after a week or so contact me at [email protected] and I'll send them to you.

to all new hires, if you are on the seniority list you can go to the IBT 1108 web site and sign up for the Flight Options message board.

IBT1108.org.

When you log on to the site look for a drop down that says Frac Pilots. At the bottom of that is a link to our board. After you fill out the registration information it takes sometime a day or two to be approved. There you can join with all of 300 plus of the flight options pilots in sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Phoenix
CPNTRACT ASAP

:::::eye rolling:::::::

Phoenix said:
Please all of you fill one of these card out very neatly and mail it back in. Use the extra for any one you find that was missed in the mailing. Have them fill it out for you and you mail it for them. Phoenix
CPNTRACT ASAP

Gahd, I hope you aren't a captain.
You're a worse micromanager than the company reps you profess to hate. Bullying does NOT convert people to your way of thinking, trust me... Pull that with most people and you'll gain backlash, not support. Treat people like children and they'll act like it... I know when I was a child and something was forced on me, I was that much more determined NOT to do it. Adults will look rationally at the situation and make their OWN decision, and send the card in (or not) once they've done so.

Voice Of Reason said:
Gahd, I hope you aren't a captain.
You're a worse micromanager than the company reps you profess to hate. Bullying does NOT convert people to your way of thinking, trust me... Pull that with most people and you'll gain backlash, not support. Treat people like children and they'll act like it... I know when I was a child and something was forced on me, I was that much more determined NOT to do it. Adults will look rationally at the situation and make their OWN decision, and send the card in (or not) once they've done so.

I am a PIC, but far form being a micro manager. There are many that will take a card from you just so it is prevented from getting into the hands of another pilot that will fill it out. I've seen it with my own eyes. If a pilot is going to support a vote for a contract he will not have any consternation about filling it out for you. I do it every week I go out and most week come home with 6-10 cards that I have received form pilots. The only ones that respond as you do are the company crack kids that will never fill out a card. Hence giving someone like you or them a card is a complete waste of recourses.

Phoenix
CONTRACT ASAP

Latest resources

Back