• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flightdeck PA Announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never try to be funny on the PA because you never know who is in back.
No matter what you say, you always offend someone.

This from the guy who chose to bust my b@lls for suggesting that most people shouldn't try humor on the PA?!?

With us, it's the PM that makes the arrival PA durring the initial descent........

Oh, that sucks! Just one more thing an underpaid F/O has to do, talk on the PA. At AA part of the "grand celebration" of upgrading to CA is having to make ALL PAs - even on the taxi out. We F/Os just loooove it, one less thing to do!

The following all make me want to vomit, and I'll never know why so many insist on saying it:
"...all I ask now is that you sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight..."
"...(name) is our FA in the back, she's one of our best..."
"... winds are out of the Southeast..."
"...I'm wearing Cowboy boots..."

This from the guy who chose to bust my b@lls for suggesting that most people shouldn't try humor on the PA?!?
No, I busted your nads for being a dork. Also for telling people they're not funny, because they don't meet your standards of humor.

I'm a funny guy. In fact, I'm hysterical. But I have seen some people be funny on the PA while they have a CEO or management type in the back of the airplane, then get a vacation for having a sense of humor.

I got one already for my last flight before I get furloughed. It's going to include JFK, the airlines name, many swear words, politicians and overweight FA's.

no one listens...

is it sunny, raining and how hot it is...15 mins...prepare the cabin...

I can't stand "Final Destination" as that refers to life not flight and "Sit Back and Relax" which leaves out the beginning part .... "Even though your flight crew has spikey hair, has an IPOD on high, and wears a backpack ...."

Lean forward and remain tense for the remainder of the flight.

At AA part of the "grand celebration" of upgrading to CA is having to make ALL PAs - even on the taxi out. We F/Os just loooove it, one less thing to do!

On Ground Freq at SJC...........circa 2001-2

"Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard AAmerican AAirlines flight XXX to ????. This is Captain McCracken speaking........" Click - silence.

Another voice on Ground........ "Hey Phil, is that you?"

(Laughter on Freq)

AA Capt - "Real professional, Boys - Hardy Har Har"

Other Voice - "More professional than making a PA briefing on Ground"

:laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back