Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AceCrackshot

What is indoc/initial training like at FO? Similiar to the airlines?
What is the schedule in training? Is there any method to aircraft assignment, or is it purely on tactical need?

Just curious.

Indoc usually runs about a week in CGF. The you go to training for your aircraft. Just depends when they can get you a class date for that. I was at home for two weeks after indoc before I went to FSI. Some of the guys went to school right from indoc. As far as AC assignments just depends where they need guys. Most go to the Beechjet, it just depends on your experience also. It will be a small cabin for sure though. Beechjet, Citation II/V, CJ or King Air 200.

See we aren't the red headed ba$tard child of the fractional industry after all.

Fly safe.

If we all scratch each others back and help each other it will be alot more fun.

Thanks Gunfyter for that post.

Re: Animosity

The only real animosity I've seen in the industry is amongst some of the crews at FO. There are some people that hold a serious grudge against the people from the "other company" that "screwed them out of seniority" during the merger. We'll always have that problem since some people will hold that grudge forever.

I don't think the animosity is so much crew against crew as it is against the former RTA verses FO/RTN management.

I am beginning to realize that the good ole days of original Flight Options are slowly fading away. It is a shame, cause our (new) brothers and sisters didn't get to experience "the good ole days" as most original FO's guys/gals refer to it.

Call management what you want, we are in this together regardless of how each individual feels.

Latest resources

Back