• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most likely an order for a few large cabin aircraft to replace some of the Legacys being sold. Nice for the customers who want a "real" large cabin aircraft, and for the top 15 or so pilots on the seniority list plus some management people who get a new type rating. For everyone else, same old same old.

Last edited:
Again, considering FO's relationship with Embraer (both the Legacy and the Phenom 300s), I'd be surprised if they were not being pitched the Embraer 500. No real significant orders yet for that aircraft and it will be done with its flight testing in early 2014. Maybe the timing is right - no doubt Embraer wants to do a deal to get it out in the mainstream.

Would be great to see the EMB 500 in FO colors.

Good point. On the other hand, Kenn has always had a hardon for Gulfstreams. It will be interesting to find out which way it goes.

Hopefully it will be good news, whatever the announcement! Any Comair refugees over at FO? Particular good wishes to my fellow refugees over there! :beer:

It will probably be both the Gulfstreams and the EMB500 but the announcements will be made separately over a few months to get the most PR benefit.

It will probably be both the Gulfstreams and the EMB500 but the announcements will be made separately over a few months to get the most PR benefit.

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) happens.

With NJ exiting the Gulfstream product, does General Dynamics want or need a service (notice I didn't say fractional) provider to offer their new Gulfstreams in this segment of private travel? When you have the premier product in the private jet market segment and enjoy a full order book, is there anything to be gained by partnering with a service provider?

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) happens.

With NJ exiting the Gulfstream product, does General Dynamics want or need a service (notice I didn't say fractional) provider to offer their new Gulfstreams in this segment of private travel? When you have the premier product in the private jet market segment and enjoy a full order book, is there anything to be gained by partnering with a service provider?

You are assuming that the Gulfstreams are going to to be new, they will probably be the previously enjoyed models.
The EMB500 will be the new models.

You are assuming that the Gulfstreams are going to to be new, they will probably be the previously enjoyed models.
The EMB500 will be the new models.

Actually, I assume nothing. I think any large aircraft "replacement" @ FlOps is still 50/50, at best. But if GD and GAC want to market their product in the fractional/charter space would they consider partnering up with FlOps?

And I'll be surprised if FlOps remains in a long term relationship with Embraer, so I'm giving the possibility of the EMB500 entering the fleet at less than 50/50. My opinion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back