Flight Options Vacation Changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetwash

The new Flight Options vacation changes are going to have a negative impact on my family vacation plans.

I can almost assure that it will also have a NEGATIVE impact on the Flight Options owners vacations during Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc......:angryfire

Lipstick on a pig

Well management said that they were going to discontinue forced vacation that was instituted because of over staffing because we were no longer over staffed. Guess what they not only didn't end the forced vacation, they now screw you even more after they force you to take it. With the original shove it down your throat forced program, after we were through burning OUR vacation we went back on our original schedule. Now if we get vacation either forced or bid, we are assigned additional un bid, unwanted vacation later in the year. Following bid or forced vacation the company WILL realign our schedule. Thereby screwing up any planing you may have done via your original schedule. Additionally with our old system if we took bid or forced vacation for one rotation we could plan for 22 consecutive days off. Now the company can reset you schedule following your forced or bid vacation and eliminate the week off you would have had on your original schedule. Using this policy following the 2 vacation events with each forced or bid award, the company can get 11 additional work days from each pilot......Don't you just love our management that cares so much for our well being.

In typical management style they lied about what they were doing with this latest forced vacation crap taking a already unfair and abusive program and making it worse. SAME OLD SH!T!!!

Management can put lipstick all over this pig but its still just a pig. :uzi:

I hope this will be a wake up call to all those Options pilots that have been holding back their support because they still thought management did give a sh!t about us. Open your eyes, smell the coffee, get your head out of the dark smelly place you have it and get on board with you fellow pilots. We will eventually get a contrant done with or without you. But with you, with us all working to motivate management it will be quicker.

Last edited:
You all are in a tough spot, maybe the only thing you have left to do is ground the fleet and take your chances on the company going tits up, or the management will agree on a fair contract.

Last edited:
contract.

You all are in a tough spot, maybe the only thing you have left to do is ground the fleet and take your chances on the company going tits up, or the management will agree on a fair contract.

Bingo... we have a winner !

Thats what we had to do..and it worked!

That would be illegal right now!

I do feel kind of sick though...

That would be illegal right now!

I do feel kind of sick though...

You are right, we can't legally do that now.

We just have to do our job very carefully. I will check every screw to make sure it is there and properly fastened before the aircraft takes off. I want the owners to have the safest aircraft they can during the peak travel days!!!!!

Plus if I am not fully rested after my short vacation I will just have to call in fatigue since they deserve a well rested pilot.:rolleyes:

Good luck guys! I still have a bunch of buds at FLOPS. I wish the best for all you guys.

What happened to status quo?

No such thing as status quo when you don't have a contract in place.

Via an email from our VP Ops. all our fears were confirmed. We are basically all getting 12 days of confirmed vacation (whether we want it or not). That's the good news...The bad news is that the company can (and will) shift out schedule whenever they want to suit their needs.

The only thing we had left - our predictable 8/7 schedule (most of us) has been taken away. The real kicker is that many (including myself) have already bought airline tickets/made other plans for the holidays and beyond based on our 'set in stone' schedules. As of Sept. 30 that can all change.

If this doesn't rally the minority of our group who are still drinkin the Kool-Aid to show support, I don't know what will.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back