• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Pilots Take Monthly Pay Cut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone needed to slap this guy down? Are you referring to me? If yes, then why would you make a statement like that? I find it amusing how absolutely no one can post anything on these boards without someone coming along and completely trying to make you feel like crap for your opinion. Opinions are opinions....everyone has one...if you don't like mine, say so and tell me why....but don't go insulting me in the process.

Relax slick,

Opinions are one thing, everyone has one and you can have your's all day long.

However you made broad, sweeping statements that you obviously have no clue about. Then when someone points out the errors in your ways you throw a fit. If you are indeed insulted by that; then I don't know what to say, maybe grow thicker skin.

Also it was probably the first time in many years that I have agreed with what family guy had to say.

Agreeing with Family Guy....:eek: Could it be that we all share more common ground than you think....;) Thicker skin? Been there, done that. It does help. I hope this finds you and yours well, RNO.

BGA, your difficulty with the business model seems to be rooted in your perspective. What appears a foolish extravagance to you is clearly a time-saving convenience to the owner who just considers it a cost of doing business. Remember, he who pays the piper gets to dance and it's rude for bystanders to complain about the chosen tune. It is smart business for the company to make investments to keep the clients and the pilots satisfied. Given the size of NetJets Inc they must be doing something right...:rolleyes: Hence, the reason for RNO's frustration. Our own NJAOwner has made it clear that he is pleased with the value received.

Speaking of the gentleman...:) "Owner, my regards to you and your family. It is always gratifying to read your friendly expressions of appreciation and concern for the flight crews. Thanks for your patronage!
Netjetwife

I'm not saying they shouldn't be watched. But Simba's continued insistence that they are "stealing" (his word) 40 hours worth of pay from every employee when it is obvious that there is no difference in the amount of money someone gets paid is going beyond prudence.

OK, maybe "stealing" is too harsh of a word for some people. Let's use the word "OVER-SIGHT".

Whether you see this "over-sight" or not will not change what I see or how I feel about it.

I am not the only one at the flag pole that has found this "over-sight". Numerous people (you'd be surprised at the number and job titles) discovered this issue on their own. Then these people talked amongst each other and compare notes. Some saw what you do. A few still do. Those recognizing that we are 40 hours short between Jan. and Jun. are working to get the pay policy changed. Most have approached their part of the management team. Some have approached H.R. directly.

If we are wrong, why hasn't G.M. sent out one of his award winning emails explaining our misinterpretation like he has done in the past?

I am with you Simba,
Call it oversight, call it metrics, or call it stealing. If in fact the actual take home pay was the same then why the change? Time has proven itself with those clowns in clowntown. Never-I mean never has the employees of FLOPS ever had a nice calm relaxed feeling when MS or GM come out of a meeting with the phrase " I have a great idea". Somewhere, somehow they are able to rob peter to pay paul with this stunt.
Time will tell with this stunt but I have lived through this twice before-when your pay date changes-get ready cause something is going to happen soon.
Good luck to all of you.
However my best advice is brush up that resume' and start looking for a better job-it shouldn't be that hard the way flops treats you.
I left and it has been the best thing that happened to me sice I got the job back when it was a great job. My how things change..Thanks Shawn Michael.

Simba, we aren't paid by the hour. The total hours are irrelevant. For all you people that don't know any better, they don't take hours and convert it into salary, they take salary and convert it into hours for paycheck purposes. As long as you are paid the same amount, (which we will be), who cares what the hours say? Move on and find something that is actually an issue to address. Complaining about this makes us look uneducated and stupid.....

Simba, we aren't paid by the hour. The total hours are irrelevant. For all you people that don't know any better, they don't take hours and convert it into salary, they take salary and convert it into hours for paycheck purposes. As long as you are paid the same amount, (which we will be), who cares what the hours say? Move on and find something that is actually an issue to address. Complaining about this makes us look uneducated and stupid.....

If you read any of my previous posts you would see that I said the exact same thing, "...they take salary and convert it into hours for paycheck purposes." And, YES, I know that the last week will roll-over to the second six months (it was factored in my caluculations). And, YES, I know that the last week of the year will be paid in the first check of 2008 (that, also, was factored into my calculations). Now look at the number of hours they are paying you in the first six months. It doesn't add up. I don't care if your a pilot, mechanic, or the chick that makes that crappy coffee - it doesn't add up. You will loose 40 hours of your salary.

"...Complaining about this makes us look uneducated and stupid...." however, I don't think that I fit into that catagory. I give up trying to explain this.

Now look at the number of hours they are paying you in the first six months. It doesn't add up. I don't care if your a pilot, mechanic, or the chick that makes that crappy coffee - it doesn't add up. You will loose 40 hours of your salary

SO WHAT!!!! WHO CARES???

You only "loose 40 hours of your salary", if they take 40 hours of your salary in money.....WHICH THEY ARE NOT.

We won't get paid any less so who cares what the hours say? They can say 80 hours for the whole year, as long as I get my money.

Why you care about "phantom hours" that have absolutely nothing to do with our pay is beyond rational thought.

Payday

Ok, I sat down and figured how much money I would have in my pocket on the old pay schedule and the new schedule... Here are my findings:

End of April: More on the old schedule ( by a couple hundred)
End of May: More on the old schedule (by about 700)
End of June: More on the old schedule (by 1000)
End of July: More on the old Schedule (by 1200), three days later the NEW schedule is ahead by 750...
End of August: NEW schedule is now ahead by 300...
End of Sept: About the same...
End of October:New schedule is now behind by a few hundred bucks but I get paid a few days earlier than the old...
End of November: Old is now ahead by about 700 bucks (but I get paid a week later than on the new so it depends how you look at it I guess)
End of December: I will have more money in the bank on DEC 31 with the Old schedule by 1000. However...four days later the NEW schedule is 1000.00 ahead again.

My findings.... the change is insignificant. Paychecks are smaller. You get more of them. You will be ahead or behind of old schedule depending on the time of month that you take a snapshot...

Are they screwing with us? Possibly.
Is there some kind of sneaky metrics involved to make the payroll numbers look better on a certain day of a certain month? Possibly
Will they make mistakes in their favor during the transition. Probably
Will I catch them. Yes
Will I get my money back? Maybe, maybe not
Will it cost them the same if they steal from me? No, More.

HS

Latest resources

Back