Flight Options Pilots Take Monthly Pay Cut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wtfo???

Honestly, why do many of those pilots stick around? That ship is sinking faster than the Titanic. The other fracs are trending up while FLOPS is trending down... It was once a highly desirable place to get a job and now people are leaving. If I were a FLOPS pilot, I'd have my apps out to Netjets pronto............

It is painful to watch - I can't even imagine what this slow-death would be like as an employee...

Please tell me this is a sick joke??? Someone??

If not my heart goes out to the FLOPS pilots and their families.

Details please.

My sentiments exactly! :(
NJW

It's not just the pilots taking it in the face

This time the company is screwing every single employee with the new pay schedule.

Doesn't matter if you're salary, salary non-exempt, or hourly. The company converts your yearly pay into hours for ease of calculation.

Check this out. We all know that 40 hours a week multiplied by 52 weeks equals 2080, right? Well, our fantastic friends in management (M.S. and G.M. - V.P. of H.R.) forgot that.

In the first 6 months of 2007 we have received 6 paychecks (bi-monthly) with 86.67 hours on them and on 4/13 we will start to receive 6 more paychecks (bi-weekly) with 80 hours on each one. You can check the math any way you like, it always adds up to 1000 hours. The last 6 months of 2007 we will receive 13 checks with 80 each = 1040 hours.

WHERE DID THE 40 HOURS FROM THE FIRST 6 MONTHS GO?

The change to a 2 week payroll will save Flight Options $1,500,000. That's just me using the number of active empoyees times 40 hours times an average hourly wage. It is definitely more.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you like to put that chunk of change in you bank account?

This "over sight" was brought to G.M.'s attention by numerous people from many different departments. He couldn't see the "error." Just like he couldn't see the "error" in his awesome Holiday Pay plan. He is a "special boy."

Incidentally, regarding that Holiday Pay plan. In case you haven't heard, the "salary non-exempt" folks are given a bank of 48 hours to use over the 6 holidays in the year. Initially it doesn't look bad but take this into consideration: the OCC, OSR, Flight Planning, International, and the entire Maintenance department do not work 8 hour shifts. They will run out of holiday pay on Thanksgiving Day. Since S.M. & G.M. believe everyone likes this plan and refuse to consider a change, odds are very good that there will be an incredible number of people with the creeping crud on Christmas Day. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet the farm on that horse.

Last edited:
fracs.......

I honestly don't know how any of the fractionals make money. It just doesn't seem like it's a good business model. Let's see, we reposition empty flights 3-4 hours just to cover a trip that's going to take 30 minutes. We'll spend the gas to reposition a plane to another airport that's literally right across the street from where it's currently sitting just because Mr. Preston Prescott III wants to leave from there instead of driving a few more miles down the road. Our planes are constantly breaking because we're running Biz jets as if they were airliners designed to fly those kinds of hours. If we "upset" one of our rich customers for issues out of our control, we'll lose even more money by giving them free flights!
I know Flops hasn't made a profit since its existence...and I truly feel Raytheon is not going to keep shelling out the money to keep them afloat.
And I frankly don't know if the "profits" that NetJets posts are legit or not, because you can sugar coat all the numbers and make them sound good when they're really not when you have a mega company like Berkshire Hathaway.

fracs.......

I honestly don't know how any of the fractionals make money. It just doesn't seem like it's a good business model. Let's see, we reposition empty flights 3-4 hours just to cover a trip that's going to take 30 minutes. We'll spend the gas to reposition a plane to another airport that's literally right across the street from where it's currently sitting just because Mr. Preston Prescott III wants to leave from there instead of driving a few more miles down the road. Our planes are constantly breaking because we're running Biz jets as if they were airliners designed to fly those kinds of hours. If we "upset" one of our rich customers for issues out of our control, we'll lose even more money by giving them free flights!
I know Flops hasn't made a profit since its existence...and I truly feel Raytheon is not going to keep shelling out the money to keep them afloat.
And I frankly don't know if the "profits" that NetJets posts are legit or not, because you can sugar coat all the numbers and make them sound good when they're really not when you have a mega company like Berkshire Hathaway.

This time the company is screwing every single employee with the new pay schedule.

Doesn't matter if you're salary, salary non-exempt, or hourly. The company converts your yearly pay into hours for ease of calculation.

Check this out. We all know that 40 hours a week multiplied by 52 weeks equals 2080, right? Well, our fantastic friends in management (M.S. and G.M. - V.P. of H.R.) forgot that.

In the first 6 months of 2007 we have received 6 paychecks (bi-monthly) with 86.67 hours on them and on 4/13 we will start to receive 6 more paychecks (bi-weekly) with 80 hours on each one. You can check the math any way you like, it always adds up to 1000 hours. The last 6 months of 2007 we will receive 13 checks with 80 each = 1040 hours.

WHERE DID THE 40 HOURS FROM THE FIRST 6 MONTHS GO?

The change to a 2 week payroll will save Flight Options $1,500,000. That's just me using the number of active empoyees times 40 hours times an average hourly wage. It is definitely more.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you like to put that chunk of change in you bank account?

If you went from bi-monthly pay (paid twice a month) to bi-weekly pay (paid every two weeks) then the difference is simple. Bi-monthly means you will get 24 paychecks in a year, bi-weekly means you will get 26 paychecks in a year. (some months you would get 3 paychecks)

The year end numbers would work out the same, but the bi-weekly paycheck would be slightly smaller.

Is this what you are describing, or something else?

Latest resources

Back