• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options negotiations??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey now babbling B19Flyer dont take my words out of context. I went to FLOPS when they did not have a union and things were good then. The CEO kept his promises to me. It wasn't until the last regime came to play is when life at FLOPS became unbearable. It wasn't that I chose to find another job-the one I had was ringing the "This job sucks meter" bells. Now you may say that I could be a negative person and that I was bringing the company down. However, the exact opposite is what it was for me. I gave my all to that company working long hours and going the extra distance. Yet I found myself being questioned and on the verge of being punished for operating per the regs and AFM. I didn't write the rules-I just have to obey them. I got along with everyone within the company and I was the first one to offer to buy the beers after a hard day. I supported the union from the begining and I even paid dues from the day the vote results were announced. I paid through the summer when I wasn't required to do so, I even paid every month-right up till the month I left even though I knew I was leaving 6 months ago. I pay my way-do you? The union was voted in and gets stronger every day because the unfair practices mgt has pulled. Its not just a contract for fair compensation but more so for fair work rules. A quick example could be a common situation ie fatigue. If you decide that you are just too tired fly you muster the courage to admit your mental and physical defeat and get told by a dispatcher that you have to talk to an APM who will ask you how tired are you? Or put you in touch with the PM. When is enough, enough? When someone decides its not worth the fight to call fatigue and they make a stupid mistake and kill someone? They mgt team has become so two faced singing the safety song and when faced with the loss of a crew or plane they push you to go further. Not very safe in my song book. A crew calling fatigue or sick should be the end of it-its not-try calling in sick at FLOPS-you will find yourself mandated for a DR visit per the company. As far as you working at a non union shop-well I guess you may need to apply at CS or Avantair. I think the union is there to stay at FLOPS-I hope that either the mgt team sits down and negotiates a real contract or the Union helps close and lock the doors at FLOPS.

On another note they keep focusing thier attention on little things like fuel savings, pilots productivity, metrics. They should put thier ear to the ground and hear the owners talking. If an owner will say things like "I hate this company" or I own a share of Sh!t!. They are just waiting for thier contracts to expire and then that money will be gone. Just take a look at the morale wake left behind from evey stop the MS has been. Flops is just another bullet item on his obituary.
B19-I still go to Dallas for training-I will buy you a beer there and you can cry on my shoulder.

Latest resources

Back