• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options negotiations??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New rumor, were going to hire again here in a couple of months......min time 500hrs tt. This was right from our DO here at FLOPS

It'll be hard to find a 500 hour pilot willing to come here.

Until we can get the group behind our union, we will continue to see what little is left taken away.

""It'll be hard to find a 500 hour pilot willing to come here""

Your not serious are you? With not to much effort, you could have 200 in school by the end of the week. ( I didn't say they would pass). Think Comair aviation acad, think embry riddle, and anyother pilot mill out there. I bet, they, (our leaders) have even thought of Gulfstream Airlines way of business, make a new pilot pay for there training here to fly a jet.

I guess I should have added "and stay" ... We will get the 500 hour wonder pilot, but the attraction of the regionals v. fllops to these kids is the quick upgrade and the T-PIC, both of which are not happening at flops.

regardless, this is just indicative of how things have continued to go down hill and will continue to do so until we pull our heads out of the sand and get this contract in place. Every day without a contract, is a day in which this group volutarily takes a pay cut!!! Think about that, the next time you guys carry a write up, do OT, etc.

Last edited:
"Hello Mr. Moneybags, I'm Todd and I'll be taking you to Cleveland. What's that? Yes, I have graduated from High School. Next month, I hope to start shaving."

Yes I'm old enough to fly! But....................my mom still has to drive me to the airport.

I can't believe how much abuse you guys can take... While every other frax is improving (I think Avantair pilots are paid more than most FO pilots) you guys are stagnant in terms of compensation/benefits.

How many FO pilots have you lost to the other fractionals in the last year? Attrition must be sky high............ Hope things get better for you soon.

Exactly what I've been saying on the other thread. You can vote the union in and wait for a contract for three years or more. In the meantime, the company won't respond to any of these items while the first collective bargaining agreement is being negotiated. During that period of time, the overall attitude of both groups gets worse and things begin to happen that would not happen if the interference wasn't there. The union blames the company for pushing back but never looks at the fact they are the invading army. In return, the company blames the union. The union publically speaks out because they can't get their way and the company remains quiet to not stir things up worse. Morale gets worse, management tightens up on everything more than usual and union leadership starts to play games by requesting pilots not take overtime or do anything to support the company. The pilots, the families, and all of the other employees get hurt by all of this. In the meantime, many of those that voted bail out to go to other places that are perceived as better which further hurts the company. Please enlighten me as to how "wonderful" things have been during the interum time period between the approval of the contract and the current time. Please tell me how FLOPS has improved and will be a better COMPANY once it is all over. It doesn't look by what I see on this thread. It just looks like union business as usual. If I remember correctly many pilots don't realize that their union dues begin to accumulate from the time the union is approved. Each month that goes by adds to the dues, and they all become due at once when the contract is ratified. If it is more than three years, they can be looking at paying all of the dues all at once. Ouch! At least the guys at Avantair can still avoid all of this nonsense!!

Exactly what I've been saying on the other thread. You can vote the union in and wait for a contract for three years or more. In the meantime, the company won't respond to any of these items while the first collective bargaining agreement is being negotiated. During that period of time, the overall attitude of both groups gets worse and things begin to happen that would not happen if the interference wasn't there. The union blames the company for pushing back but never looks at the fact they are the invading army. In return, the company blames the union. The union publically speaks out because they can't get their way and the company remains quiet to not stir things up worse. Morale gets worse, management tightens up on everything more than usual and union leadership starts to play games by requesting pilots not take overtime or do anything to support the company. The pilots, the families, and all of the other employees get hurt by all of this. In the meantime, many of those that voted bail out to go to other places that are perceived as better which further hurts the company. Please enlighten me as to how "wonderful" things have been during the interum time period between the approval of the contract and the current time. Please tell me how FLOPS has improved and will be a better COMPANY once it is all over. It doesn't look by what I see on this thread. It just looks like union business as usual. If I remember correctly many pilots don't realize that their union dues begin to accumulate from the time the union is approved. Each month that goes by adds to the dues, and they all become due at once when the contract is ratified. If it is more than three years, they can be looking at paying all of the dues all at once. Ouch! At least the guys at Avantair can still avoid all of this nonsense!!

Wow your a dumbazzz, I bet I can take your wife and you would not do anything about it. You have to me management, you cannot be this dumb, shoot my dog isn't this dumb......

Some of these things are happening, it’s true. I suppose this all could have been avoided by continuing on a subservient path.

Dime Line made a point about taking someone’s wife without fear of retaliation. I think even the most timid and meek among us would at least raise a hand a say, “Uh, please. Uh, Sir. If you don’t mind, I think you’re going too far.”

Well, some folks will go a little further and extend a defensive posture when their profession, livelihood, and family’s well-being are being threatened.

We don’t look at the “fact” that the union is an invading army because it’s not a fact. The “fact” is that the union is the authority to be a legitimate entity. Without such an authority the pilots are nothing more than unprotected and expendable pawns. Their existence depends on keeping their heads down, accepting injustice heaped on others, and luck.

You asked for a “wonderful” thing that has happened during the interim. I’ll give you three.

• I wake up to my own alarm clock. Scheduling can no longer depend on a rolling indefinite duty day and early morning wake-up calls as their standard means of manning aircraft. I may have to work a 14 hour day, but at least I know which 14.
  • I fly a safe airplane. When it’s broke, I write it up. I no longer worry about management retaliation for not accepting their whimsical and ever changing interpretation of the FARs and MEL.
  • I walk and talk with pride in the company of other pilots who are doing the same.
Surely you can understand 1 and 2. If you need help with number 3, just give yourself a little more time.

Too Many Whores at FLOPS

Some of these things are happening, it’s true. I suppose this all could have been avoided by continuing on a subservient path.

Dime Line made a point about taking someone’s wife without fear of retaliation. I think even the most timid and meek among us would at least raise a hand a say, “Uh, please. Uh, Sir. If you don’t mind, I think you’re going too far.”

Well, some folks will go a little further and extend a defensive posture when their profession, livelihood, and family’s well-being are being threatened.

We don’t look at the “fact” that the union is an invading army because it’s not a fact. The “fact” is that the union is the authority to be a legitimate entity. Without such an authority the pilots are nothing more than unprotected and expendable pawns. Their existence depends on keeping their heads down, accepting injustice heaped on others, and luck.

You asked for a “wonderful” thing that has happened during the interim. I’ll give you three.
  • I wake up to my own alarm clock. Scheduling can no longer depend on a rolling indefinite duty day and early morning wake-up calls as their standard means of manning aircraft. I may have to work a 14 hour day, but at least I know which 14.
  • I fly a safe airplane. When it’s broke, I write it up. I no longer worry about management retaliation for not accepting their whimsical and ever changing interpretation of the FARs and MEL.
  • I walk and talk with pride in the company of other pilots who are doing the same.
Surely you can understand 1 and 2. If you need help with number 3, just give yourself a little more time.

If more pilots would do the same, a respectable contract will come sooner then later. FLOPS has more whores than professional pilots on staff, working overtime and doing favors for the company. Nothing will change for the better until the majority of the pilots figures out how to work together. The saddest part is our own union leadership didn't pay their dues on time and can't hold an elected office because of it. Management must think we are a bunch of clowns.

Latest resources

Back