Flight Options job posting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mason

Why is Options advertising for X pilots on bizjetjobs.com? I'm sure there are quite a few 400 pilots that would like a change of scenery or is something else going on?

Nevermind

Nevermind...I took the time to actually read the entire listing. Ouch, sounds like a tough gig...good pay though.

Upper management is not sharing all the details of this managed aircraft "gig". Among the sketchy details is the schedule. They say there won't be one. That may be true, but there has to be some type of hard days off every month or else they'll go through pilots quickly. I can tell you that seniority will NOT have priority in filling the position. If you're senior and don't posess a CX type, don't bother applying. I can also tell you that upon filling that position, the PIC will be the highest paid pilot in the company by about $25K per year.

We need a contract yesterday.

Last edited:
Great job:eek:

When you are not flying the owner around you will be doing 4 or 5 legs a day flying Flight Options owners or card holders around. All month long!!!!

In a 2 man flight department.

Atleast on the frac side you get 14 days off a month there you will be on the pager 24/7.

No thanks

You guys see what's happening here, right? This is what the "Scope" section of a contract is all about! I know this sounds like a crappy job that not many would want, but if they go outside the seniority list to fill this vacancy there needs to be a revolt amongst us.

Amen

You guys see what's happening here, right? This is what the "Scope" section of a contract is all about! I know this sounds like a crappy job that not many would want, but if they go outside the seniority list to fill this vacancy there needs to be a revolt amongst us.

Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!

Per Scott S., seniority is NOT being considered as primary criteria for this position. As I indicated before, if you are not CX qualified, you're not in the running - regardless of seniority or other qualifications. If they can't get a "qualified candidate" from the current pilot group, they'll go outside the company to fill the position. I fully expect them to do so, although I know we have at least 1 CX PIC that lives in the DEN area.

This is yet another poke in the eye to the pilot group. Perhaps this one will be the last straw...

Last edited:
The last straw??

I'm beginning to think that there is no last straw. I figured by now we would have the complete support of all but a few, however there still are those willing to: work OT whenever the company asks, carry write-ups, answer their phones before duty on, etc..

Until we are ALL on board with the basic directives of the Union leadership, contract negotiations will continue to move S-L-O-W-L-Y!

Just want to reiterrate to Flex and CS guys, the contract negotiation process is hard. It IS necessary, but it is HARD on the pilot group.

Job not worth having

Got the skinny this week from one of our CGF big wigs about what Floptions will expect of the crew of this C-X in APA.

The crew will not have a schedule at all. They will fly all of the owner trips and then be available for any flight that Floptions sends them. Because they will be considered a Floptions managed aircraft, they will be called before any other outside charter company is called. They will be on a short notice, 1 hr. call out expected to have the aircraft wheels up with in 2 hr. The crew will have the same sh!tty benefits package that the rest of the Floptions crews have and be subject to the same incompetent management that other Floptions crew have to deal with. Basically this crew will be sealing their souls and will not have any life other the with this jet.

I can only hope that our negotiations guys are able to use the money that they are going to pay the morons that take this job as a bench mark for setting our pay.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back