Flight Options getting the Legacy??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bad-Andy said:
I can promise you that Swift's pilots are NOT flying the Legacys, too. There are two of us flying them for Options on a temporary, Contract basis, that used to fly for Swift, but again only as contract pilots in Kuwait. As they finish training their own guys (already in training now at FSI) and they get a little time in type with us, we'll be slowly phased out of the Options program. By Spring, it will be all Options pilots on the Options seniority list flying the things.

Well I guess I didn't stray too far from the mark. You identified yourself as being a previous Swift pilot. And as far as I understand, the majority if not all of the Citation X pilots are Swift. No response only supports this. I spoke with a couple of Options pilots a couple weeks back that mentioned that they did have some guys in X school.

Latest word I hear now is that NetJets is getting the BeachJUNK...aka...Hawker400 to keep Raytheon afloat to support our 800XP fleet.

Fire away!!!!!

You are right, the X's are being flown by Swift pilots. This is because of the deal that was made between FO and Swift. FO also does not want to take on one X. This would be a headache and an expense for FO to have a program for one airplane. When I say program, I am referring to a Program Manager, dispatchers, etc.

The Legacy is coming directly from Embraer. Right from the jungle, the four airplanes we are getting are airplanes that customers have either given back or have declined accepting. The Legacy's that we are getting are not coming from Swift.

Slowtation Capt.,

Why would you think that the X would warrant having it's own PM, dispatch, etc.? The Challengers, Falcons and Gulfstreams are lumped into the same program and it could fall under the "Large Cabin Program". Or, it could go into, naturally, the Citation program. After all, the Citation program already has four different types in it.

Frac Daddy,

You are right, I didn't clarify myself enough. The X does not need its own PM, Dispatch, Scheduling. It can be lumped into another aircraft group like the Citations, but it won't go there since they are selling it as a large cabin. If we were to take responsibility for it, the large cabin dispatch and PM would get it.

It would be something that we would have to develope SOP's for, eventually get on the 135 certificate, which then involves proving runs with the FAA. Operating, dispatching, scheduling, and having a program manager that is already running how many aircraft types looking over another 1 aircraft is something that the company does not want to do. Now if and when they do sell, say all four of the Swift aircraft, yes then they would more than likely take control of the aircraft.

And the reason why none of our guys have flown or are going to fly the X as long as Swift is operating them, is because Swift is operating the X's under 135 rules all the time. We would have to send our guys to Phoenix to go through their 135 groundschool, get them 135 qualified. Again the company does not want to do this.

Latest resources

Back