• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options getting the Legacy??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some contract flying initially but will tapper off quickly. First four pilots to win bid to captain in the aircraft are in school now. All four have large cabin background.

Performance numbers are terrible on the legacy. You need a lot of runway to make it anywhere.

Actually, whoever told you that was a little mistaken. I just came back from Kuwait where we were flying the Legacys (Legacies???) with the A1E (vs the A1P) engines. The thing is a monster. It can go full (max pax and bags) 2800-2900 miles (3100-3200 miles with 11 pax and full cargo or 14 pax and 500 lbs cargo) off of 5000 or so feet of runway at hot temps. And, all that at half the cost of a G-IV...

Four questions regarding the Legacy for FO:

1. What kinds of buyers/passengers will be targeted for this aircraft - would the Legacy be grouped with the Falcon 50 and Citation X in terms of cost/performance?

2. If you are a mid-level or senior Flight Options Captain, would you be interested in bidding the aircraft? Do you have any interest in flying the Legacy?

3. Will newhire copilots be awarded the Legacy or will copilot positions be filled by current FOs?

4. Lastly, will the Legacy be capable of flying to Hawaii and Europe?

I have a few friends who fly the 135/145 and love it...

Premier I

A little off topic, but is Flight Options still adding the Premier I to the fleet? Has any one flown it, and if so, flying impressions?

I think it it might be on the back burner. Not a big hit. Always in MX and it can't carry people and fuel. One or the other but not both. Not a good airplane the way it is right now for fractional work.

Lastly, will the Legacy be capable of flying to Hawaii and Europe?

I can't answer the first 3 (I'm not there), but as for the 4th... Yes, it will make Hawaii from the West Coast, and it will make London/ Paris from the North East.

Mike,

Wasabi???? Dude, your email account won't accept messages from our server. WTF, over???? Anyways, safely back in IAH now. Drop me an email. Yeah, I talked to Squared right before I went back to Q-8. I'll fill you in then.

BadAndy

Thor,

Sounds good. If I had good seniority like that I would also bid the Legacy or the Citation X myself. When do the Legacys arrive and will they use a flight attendant?

Let us know if you get it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back