Flight Options-Competitive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetBlast2000

What are the real numbers that guys are getting hired off the street? I know what the web site says, but what’s really going on…?

Does having a buddy walk your resume in significantly increase your chances for the interview? Not that I know anyone there but thought I'd ask…

Thanks

JB2k

(I did a search and could not find any of this info)

Sans Internal Rec

Any chance of getting hired if you don't know anyone in the company?

I've been military my whole life and unfortunately know no one at FLOPS although I'd really like to work there.

I don't think they're hiring anyone "off the street" these days. Word is 5 to 10 pilots per month going through indoc.

You must apply online through the website. When you apply, you want to supply the name of your reference. However, it takes more than just knowing someone. You have to know someone who will personally go to bat for you. I believe the way Eric Gerhard put it to me was: "Is the person you are recommending someone that you know so well that you would be willing to put your job on the line for him/her?"

They're pretty serious about wanting only qualified references, not just a casual acquaintance. In this market they can afford to be choosey.

CE525 and B400A

I read that newhires recently had the choice of the CE525 and the B400A (in a recent class - it's probably different in other classes). In terms of route variety and hard hours flown monthly, which would be the preferrable airplane to start in? Both have limited range (shorter flights are nice). I hear both are nice to fly - does the CE525 have EFIS?

Last question: how's the Legacy program doing? Any newhires hired into the Legacy?

thor said:
As a line pilot, I have stopped recommending pilots to HR.
hmmm...that says one of two things about you, ill leave it at that :rolleyes:

thor said:
Heavy Set

Route variety??? Frac flying is nothing but variety. No set routes. All over the country, Canada, Mex, Carib all the time.

Hard Hours?? Monthly hours varies by type. Beechjet is largest fleet, followed by the Hawker fleet.

No such thing as bidding routes and hours. Go to work for eight days; fly you back side off; go home for seven days.

As a line pilot, I have stopped recommending pilots to HR.
Hey Thor,

Chill out partner. I know that some aircraft may do more regional flying than others. And yes, I am aware that monthly hours vary by type - that's why I asked that question.

Hey 450,

No, I'm not kidding. I have been told in the past that placement sometimes depends upon need at the time... Maybe pilots have been hired into the Legacy - I don't know... Can I ask questions on this information board or do I need to ask for permission first?

My impression is that the fractionals are full of uptight individuals (rightfully so with the contract issues, etc., etc.). Some advice: perhaps you should read the brochures in terms of pay and schedules and talk to loads of people before you sign up... Chill out or get a new job!

Last edited:
I gather that hiring off the street in not likely.

For those of you who have recommended someone,what have their hours been?

Heavy Set said:
Last question: how's the Legacy program doing? Any newhires hired into the Legacy?
Not a chance. All newhires go to small cabin. All other positions are for current pilots, unless nobody bids it. Most junior pilots in the large cabin fleet(Falcon, Challenger, Legacy, Gulfstream) are about 60% down the seniority list. I can't see it ever happening that SIC positions are not filled from within due to the fact that the pay is significantly higher than small and mid cabin FO positions.

So where do Fight Opts pilots hang out (preferablely in the LA area). I would love to casually bump in to one in a social setting.
Jetblast2000 that must be a Caravan. I have seen that view before. In fact I bid the run to get the turbine time for Flight Opts. Too bad they changed the requirement to multi turbine after I bid the run. Oh well, it was a great plane. It took another year but I met the requirement in a Lear. All part of the adventure.

Latest resources

Back