Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Just curious, I've seen a few Legacies around and they all have been using the FLOPS call sign but all of the tail #'s end in NxxxSG. Why is that? Is it a different company within FLOPS that operates these?

Galaxy said:
The planes are from the Swift Group.
Are they a management co? Crewed my FLOPS pilots or Swift pilots?

n962CW, n780SG, n928CW, n902LX, n905LX are five of the seven operated by Flops.
n902LX previously n995CW was the one with wing damaged in KCLE.

There was a new one (maybe n950SG) that an owner owned the whole plane and had it with Flops, then was taken away and given to Swift for management. The owner was upset with the number of hours put on it in a very short amount of time. The majority of the trips were flights covering the renta wrecks (old Citations, old BeechJets, old H800's).
The kicker is the Flops pilots were told it was just being temporarily leased from Swift to cover the holidays. The pilots had no idea it was originally brought in with Swift pilots with the bogus story.
There could be more with the same story.
Flops has been using contract pilots in the Legacy since the program started, 2 + years (another kick in the pants for Flops pilots).

Is Swift still flying all of the FLOPS X's?

What happened to the broad that wrecked the 2 Legacies?

After some research, I have a correction and an update.

The Flops eight Legacy's:
1. 962CW, serial #145462, owner;Wells Fargo Bank of Salt Lake
2. 780SG, #145780, Flops.
3. 928CW, #145528, Wells Fargo.
4. 905LX, #145775, Southwest Homes.
5. 902LX, previously a damaged 995CW, #145495, Wells Fargo.
6. 912CW, #145412, Wells Fargo.
7. 825SG, #14500825, Flops.
8. 809SG (not 905SG), #14500809, Meadow Lane Air Partners LLC of South Hampton, NY. This plane was originally managed by Flops, but crewed completely by Swift pilots without Flops pilots knowledge.:eek: When the owner finally caught up to his own airplane, he was appauled at the condition of his NEW plane and the number of hours placed on it by Flops covering everything from King Air to the entire fleet of renta wrecks at Flops. The owner believed the pilots to be from Flops because they wore the Flops uniform and name tags. The plane is now managed by Swift and flown by the same group of pilots except Swift uniforms now.:(

Why the shell game you ask?:confused:
Swift crews operate at less cost than would a Flops crew. At Flops someone would have been upgraded and sent for the initial training. Flops crews make slightly more than Swift crews. The flight attendants at Swift are sub-contract with no bennies.

This is how Flops shows their love for their own pilots.;)

For the FLOPS guys who actually fly the Legacy, how do they like it vs. their previous aircraft (F50, CL601, GIV)? I met a crew of a Legacy on the road and they didn't like it much compared to their former Falcon... I have heard good and bad things about the aircraft.

Does FLOPS hire into the Legacy or are all FOs on the aircraft internal?

Latest resources

Back