Flight Options Accident?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get with it

Flydog, I would hardly characterize the healthy discussion of a Pilot's potential liability in lawsuits brought by fractional owners as a "morbid curiosity in aviation tragedies."

I dont know why you and other potential Flight Options people (you are not a FO employee, correct Flydoggie?) are so defensive that you cannot partake in a discussion. It baffles me and others I know who peruse this forum.

We believe this is a valid point of discussion for those considering a career in this relatively new field of aviation...one that is certainly still in the growth phase and where many aspects such as pilot liability to many owners is still untested to my knowledge.

An intelligent response would be appreciated. Keep your passions and emotions in check, little boy.

Safetycheck....

It sounds like you're trying to take advantage of a somewhat "captive" audience here and force discussions that aren't really interesting to most.

There have meen several articles written referring to individual pilot/owner liability in the event of a crash of a frac plane.

Suggest you check them out at http://www.avweb.com

Look in the legal section.

BTW, do you work for a fractional?

Unstabilized approach

"I thought we were Vref (113 knots) plus 40, and coming down at 1,700 feet per minute. When we touched down, maybe 50 to 60 percent of the runway remained." Flight options FO.

Gang, if this scenario dosent scream for GO AROUND...I dont know what does!

:-(

Turbinehead, since you never have made a mistake in the air, you must be getting them all out of your system on this forum. Let it go.

You are surprised and amazed by the simplest concepts. This crew simply made a mistake.

Please don't post on this topic again unless you have new and relevant info.

Toploader

O.K. guys,
This thing has been beaten to DEATH at least a dozen times!

Obviously, Mr. Safetycheck has an AGENDA with the FLOPS guys!
Did he get turned down for a job? Kinda makes you wonder? He seems to be quite obssed with the whole flops operation.
He claims to be ex-TWA; was he as obssed with their accidents, or better yet with their screw ups? You remember Mr. Safetyckeck the high speed abort in a 1011 after the f/o started to rotate the thing, and the "HIGH TIME" captain aborted at JFK! We could discuss that one for the next year or two, I bet that would make you happy eh? But I have a better suggestion for you, why don't you go help yourself to some "self pleasure", relief some of that built up frustration you have since you've retired. Then maybe a little fishing by yourself, since you problably would criticize the hell out of anybody else that went with you, and a little more "self pleasure". There, bet that would make a new man of you! Then you can come back and play with the rest of us without being so dam arrogant!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.

You've contributed NOTHING to that whole discussion of the FLOPS misshap. You might think you did, but go back and read it again. All you did was criticize a couple of kids who don't need you to remind them they've screwed up! It's so easy to kick others when they are on the ground isn't it Mr. Safetycheck?
Oh, about the fishing trip, here's an idea, why don't you invite the other self-gratifying a$$ hole on this site (Mr. Turbine Head) to join you? I'm sure you'll both get great pleasure out of each other's company.

Best to you both!

A quote from the past.....

Chicken or the egg?

"Do we have the best safety record because we have the best pilots? Or is it the other way around? --- Kenn Ricci

Hmm.....

Tell us a little about yourself, Turbinehead.

Who do you fly for? Which fractionals have you applied to? Which ones have turned you down?

With a little background info, perhaps we can put your posts into their proper context.

Toploader

Am I mistaken or...

Am I mistaken, or is this thread the MOST read topic on the Fractionals Bulletin Board?

This topic must be of interest to many people! It should be of interest.

I just wish there would be more posts ON TOPIC...ok Toploader?

6000 hits means this topic is hot

I will not take the time to respond to some of the unprofessional posts related to this topic.

I will, however, take the time to comment on the fact that this thread has almost 6000 hits, more than any other thread I have seen under the "Fractionals" header. Perhaps this topic has been "beaten to death" in this particular forum, but I ask you this. Is there such a thing as beating to death a subject that will improve safety in the industry? Do we accuse Flight Safety instructors of beating to death their curriculum every 6 months? Does that diminish the importance of safety. Hell NO!

From what I understand from the boys out on the line, happy Flight Options / Travel Air pilots are few and far between. That attitude is evident well before you even meet and greet them. It exudes from their pores. That is unfortunate.

However, we all wish the company well in its endeavours, as... how Flight Options goes, so does the industry. Don't mistake my interest in this topic with an ill feeling toward any one company...i have nothing but positive energy for FO and all the companies out there trying to make this fractional thing a success.

SC.

Latest resources

Back