• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Instructors forced to wear epaulates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See, that's just it. Nothing can be done about it. I don't work for his flight school, and he's not in my union, so I can't go to professional standards or anything like that.

The odds are, he works at the local big flight school and it wouldn't be too hard for his supervisor to track down a pilot on a motorcycle. Writing a formal complaint to his supervisor would be the only thing that could be done.

In this world where everybody's too scared they might "offend" or "violate" somebody's rights, things like this usually get pushed under the rug.

It's all of our jobs to protect the pilot image by making sure we're properly dressed and watching how we act while in view of the public.

What I personally do when I see sloppiness, unprofessionalism or uniform violations whithin my crew, I tell them to fix it.

First I was asking CX888 what is he/she going to do about it not you since he/she saw this...you didn't see it. Non of us did....only CX888.

See, that's just it. Nothing can be done about it.

I disagree...CX888 could have done something....not you.

Writing a formal complaint to his supervisor would be the only thing that could be done.

Just the Job for CX888.....

What I personally do when I see sloppiness, unprofessionalism or uniform violations whithin my crew, I tell them to fix it.

Is CX888 paying you? CX888 come out...after all this is your post. Answer for yourself. I understand you two have the same views...but this is really something CX888 should have done.

CX888.....why did you NOT try and talk to this guy if this is bothering you so much?
Why didn't you complain? Why didn't you search him out? Why didn't you write a letter? Why didn't you do anything? Why?? Huh? What's wrong with you? Were ya scared? Afraid? WHY?????

First I was asking CX888 what is he/she going to do about it not you since he/she saw this...you didn't see it. Non of us did....only CX888.

I disagree...CX888 could have done something....not you.

Just the Job for CX888.....

Is CX888 paying you? CX888 come out...after all this is your post. Answer for yourself. I understand you two have the same views...but this is really something CX888 should have done.

CX888.....why did you NOT try and talk to this guy if this is bothering you so much?
Why didn't you complain? Why didn't you search him out? Why didn't you write a letter? Why didn't you do anything? Why?? Huh? What's wrong with you? Were ya scared? Afraid? WHY?????

I didn't complain because he was holding his bag at a red light and then he sped off. Had I had the chance I would have asked him what he flew, and then I might have told him to maybe cover himself while riding a bike. The guy would have most likely flipped me off anyways. By the way there's a whole bunch of 888s there, it's CX880.

I saw a guy pushing a wheelchair is SFO and he's wearing 3 or 4 stripes on his epaulets. Speaking of cars...I remember being in San Juan, I saw 3 Eagle pilots carpooling in a beat up geo metro with a missing bumper and hubcaps, they were happy as a clam too...! :D

Yeah ive seen pilots helping elderly folks on and off the
planes before. Also some skycaps here wear shoulder boards but
they are easily distinctive from pilots. They are usually red and silver with no
more than two stripes. Even TSA airside screeners wear them. 3 stripes max. Those are the supervisors. Fire marshalls look alot like pilots too. Same uniform just a fireman's badge and a clipboard full of pink slips.

I think with TSA the number of stripes is the number of months they have been away from the fast food business. ;)

Yeah ive seen pilots helping elderly folks on and off the
planes before. Also some skycaps here wear shoulder boards but
they are easily distinctive from pilots. They are usually red and silver with no
more than two stripes. Even TSA airside screeners wear them. 3 stripes max. Those are the supervisors. Fire marshalls look alot like pilots too. Same uniform just a fireman's badge and a clipboard full of pink slips.

So do all the doormen around NYC and anyone near the docks.. dock hands, etc. They all have the epaulet outfit.

Latest resources

Back