Flight Express interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt. JD said:
I just want a route where I am on duty less at this particular company, Flight Express... If they cannot accommodate me on that, no hard feelings, I will give my bonus back and leave on good terms... Although it sounds like the Director of Ops. wants to help me... I never though things would be rosy as you say, but a 70 hour work week, come on! You work that hard and your life is over before you know it... There more to my life then flying airplanes, that not the only thing I want to accomplish before I check out...
Hey Jelly... it's called "paying your dues." You won't get any sympathy from anyone especially those who moved on, and believe me, there are a lot of people involved with interview processes at airlines and other jet operators reading this board... Sure, the run may suck. Your schedule may suck too. You keep getting assigned the turd-of-the-fleet bird. Weather just f**king BLOWS. "Well, boo-f**king-hooo." We've all done it. It's one thing to just vent, but it's another thing to be a little b*tch that can't hack an honest freight dog night. You are still paying your dues. You're getting experience because if you weren't, you wouldn't be at FLX. Suck it up... it's not a career job. It's a stepping stone.

Sure, you may get a different run at FLX, but believe me... the DO is not doing you any favors by switching you to another run because you'll carry that same attitude to the interviews, and to your probationary year IF you get through the interview process.

My advice to you is to suck it up, do your run, get your flight time, quit your b*tching, stay safe, and look at this as an awesome experience that you will look back on very fondly some day. I look back on my freight flying days as some of the best time in my flying career. You will too.

Good luck to you..

Last edited:
Sounds like someone got my old run. I'm willing to bet that with these outbursts you're not the favorite guy around that hangar. Grin and bear it man. The MX guys and pilots at Tampa are very cool and you could learn a lot from them. Keep your nose clean and be thankful for a good run. I switched from 810 to 803 because it was easier. Try that one out for some perspective, or most other runs for that matter. You fly back and forth along the same route. That's easy, and the controllers in both Miami and Tampa approach will route you around anything you need.

I can relate to the long nights and lack of a personal life, but so can most on this board. No one likes a whiner. A talk with Ernst will get you a lot farther and a lot more respect than some block lettering on this board.

Good Luck

YODA said:
Capt. Poopypants, I could not have said it better myself. Good luck and fly safe, don't let Doug push you guys around. I never had a problem with him but I also gave him just as much sarcasm and crap as he dished out to us. It was kind of fun.
Hey Yoda, Hows the new job working out for ya? Hope things are good. -Bean

Month on the Line...

The flight experience for me has been great for me lately, now that I feel I got more of a grip on this flying job... I am getting use to flying at nights. I did talk with Ernst, he is a good boss... I should not have vented my first weeks feeling on this board. But whatever, the responses gave me some insight that were funny for me to read at least...

Ernst is a good guy. He and Janet have gone above and beyond to help me out so far. As far as Capt. JD, give the dude a break. It can be a shock to the system to step into freight flying. Especially when you are used to a less demanding schedule. I know I was a little overwhelmed at first, until I got used to the schedule, and learned my run.

Latest resources

Back