Flight Express interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Late night runs are the worst

All those runs in Tampa are late night/early morning, but 803 is the worst. It was one of the first runs I ever did. I did it for a week or two and then got Orlando. Things are moving so quick you'll get a new run somewhere else if you don't mind moving. If you really want to stay in Tampa, One of the more senior Tampa guys recently bid a Baron run and should be leaving soon.

Yeah...

Capt.PoopyPants said:
All those runs in Tampa are late night/early morning, but 803 is the worst. It was one of the first runs I ever did. I did it for a week or two and then got Orlando. Things are moving so quick you'll get a new run somewhere else if you don't mind moving. If you really want to stay in Tampa, One of the more senior Tampa guys recently bid a Baron run and should be leaving soon.
I have no love for the Tampa base, I am flexible, I would move. They can give me the moon base if it means a run with less duty. One thing I will make very clear is that this Italian guy ain't a push over, I will not have them work me into a fatigued hole...

New Hire Class

The new hire class has 7 people in it. They should be done by the end of this week. You'll probably have a number of different choices as far as runs go. Let one of the new guys take 803.

The Run

Capt. JD

Sounds to me you are a whiney little B$%ch. You should be happy to just have a flying job with 1300 hours. Having a scheduled run is a huge luxury that you are seeming not to appreciate. Try on call 24/7 365 with a call at midnight and your day is just getting started. I am sure " Pilot Yip " could shed some light on this. Just remember boxes don't complain!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen rwy36.... ... hit this little ITALIAN runt right where the sun sun dont shine. My patience is wearing thin with these little " b@#$&es" who have about as much experience or committment to aviation as my short curlys.... and I do believe my short curlys could fly the socks out of some crying whining little " my ginie hurts... i'm tired".... A@#wipe"... who hasnt earned the right to f'ing speak up...........

Advice son.... Give up the bull$hit...3 weeks ago you were the quivering lil beeeaaatttccchhhh willing to spit shine the shoes and put on the best foot/suit on and beg for a job... and now you are the italian "WHATEVAAA"./... easny now bruno... get your head outta your beeehiinnnddd and JUST FLY.

Yup... penalty box for me ... but I spoke my mind....

I worked at FLX for almost a year and the shortest run I ever did was 10.9 hours duty with 6.3 block every night and I loved it. We get paid to fly and I did 803 and it wasn't that bad. Yeah I guess it is a big jump for a CFI but you had to know what you were getting in to. And I know I had it made because I have a lot of Detroit friends who were on call 24/7 flying with one eye shut and push the FARS to the limits and beyond. But you will get a new run from the DO because E is way too desperate for pilots so good luck and enjoy TRI

Capt. JD said:
FLX 803 is not good, duty is from 2:30pm to 3-4am, 13 hours. I am calling Director of Ops. on Monday to tell him I cannot do this run... I hope I get a short run or I am leaving the company... Glad to hear your doing good!
Boyyyy did you get into the wrong end of the buisness.... What part of 135 night freight did you not get?

If the length of the duty day or the hours that you fly are the only thing you have to complain about now than you have a long way to go or life is pretty good. Two lost friends (both freight dogs but neither with FLX), Two tropical storms, a hurricane, and flying over the Appalachian and Great Smokies in a Baron during the winter with a foot of ice accumulating and a TKS system that might crap out at any second are only a few of the things I have on my list during my time at FLX. Freight is not the glamour side of aviation and some people are just not cut-out for the schedules or the type of flying that is involved. The good thing is that E. can be a good guy and he will try to hook you up, I have seen it many times. For now, be glad to be in FL. because believe me, there are much worse places than that. Good luck, hopefully things will work out and most importantly, be safe.

current pilots opinion

I can't help but respond to The BigCheese. I have been at Flight Express for just over Six months and Flown about 550 hrs in these old worn out planes. In this time I have never had a vacuum pump failure, alternator failure, or any major system failure that had me fearing for my life. This doesn't mean these things never happen, but they have never happened to me(Knock on Wood). The airplanes are very old but the maintainance is good. I have never taken an airplane that I thought was not airworthy. I squawk it, they give me a new one. Apparently BigCheese and I hate Freight had problems with management and dispatch. I never have, the DO is probably the best boss I have ever had. He's a nice guy who will always try to help you get what you want, I don't think he does the same for people who are a pain in his A$$ i.e. leaving bags on th ramp, being late constantly, asking for days off ever other week. Dispatch has never pressured me to do anything. Even if they did, as PIC I would say NO! Three or four of the old dispatchers are gone and have ben replaced by new people. All very nice. The dispatch manager is somewhat of a different story. Look, these are my opinions of Flight Express. Other people must have had different experiences in the past. I'm here now and it's a decent place with decent people.

Latest resources

Back