Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

braidkid

Hey,
Anyone out there recently interview with Flight Express? I have an interview coming up and was wanting some sim gouge. Do you know if I can expect BNA or ORL in the sim?

Here is what I heard:

Sim ride came first (PCATD) with the Dir. of Training, Austin, in an A36 Bonanza. Look closely at the altimeter, he resets it to 29.2 to try and trick you, gives the altimeter setting as 29.92. 0-0 departure from BNA, vectors to an ILS app., I think he gave me the ILS 2R. Missed approach and head for the holding fix, I didn't have to hold because there were alot of sim rides waiting behind me. Be instrument current and maybe get some time in a PCATD. Follow a precedure, thats what he really wants to see, and run all of the checklists.

I'm sure others can share what they've heard.

That's pretty much right on. When I interviewed, they were really just making sure you knew how to fly instruments. One guy lost control and crashed within a minute...he didn't get the job!! As long as you show some proficiency, you should be OK. Good Luck!

Before I interviewed, someone posted that to pass the sim ride at FLX, you only needed to "fog a mirror". After my experience I couldn't agree more. I think your time is better spent studying instrument and 135 regs than worrying about a sim ride, that, while intense, is not necessarily tough or strictly judged.

My Experience...

I started Sept. 20 class date. We didn't have a sim ride. Director of Training Austin Collins taught the class. Monday 20th - Friday 24th, 10:00 - 18:00. We all got put up in hotels near ORL. At the end of the week you have to take a final on all the stuff you learned (FAR 135 regs, Ops. specifications, GOM, weather, C-210 POH, etc...), I got a 90% but like all FAA exams you can score has low as 70% and pass. Next week was training in the Cessna 210 Centurion, you have to memorize all the normal & emergency flows. Also you must have a tight instrument game! I passed the FAR 135 IFR-PIC check ride on Oct. 3 and got my FAA 8410. Based out of Tampa... Hope this helped!

Sim is broken

I just learned the sim is broken, so no sim rides. Unless you piss someone off in the interview, you will be staying for training.

Thanks for the gouge....

I passed training last week and am on temporary duty in Bristol, TN. I will be permanently based in St. Louis living in the hanger. So far things have been good and it seems like a good gig.

Hey...

braidkid said:
Thanks for the gouge....

I passed training last week and am on temporary duty in Bristol, TN. I will be permanently based in St. Louis living in the hanger. So far things have been good and it seems like a good gig.
Hey Ryan, have you started your route yet?

Hey man, yea, I started this past monday!! I didn't know you posted on this board!! How's your run going?

My run is super easy.....just tri-cities to knoxville and back. On duty for about 3 hours a night. I'm anxious to get to st. louis sometime next week.

Hey...

braidkid said:
Hey man, yea, I started this past monday!! I didn't know you posted on this board!! How's your run going?

My run is super easy.....just tri-cities to knoxville and back. On duty for about 3 hours a night. I'm anxious to get to st. louis sometime next week.
FLX 803 is not good, duty is from 2:30pm to 3-4am, 13 hours. I am calling Director of Ops. on Monday to tell him I cannot do this run... I hope I get a short run or I am leaving the company... Glad to hear your doing good!

Latest resources

Back