• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry, I didn't glance at your experience level before making the comment. I will say that if you can convince Gary you have a solid instrument background, and feel comfortable flying single pilot, there is a good chance they would be willing to talk to you with only 1,050 tt. But you will need to already basically meet the other Part 135 single pilot mins.

Did I read somewhere a while back Boris that you said the bases listed on the website weren't accurate? I told my CFI of flight express and she was mildly interested but somewhat relegated to the south due to her family...basically Georgia/Florida or Alabama...what ru avg hrs flown per month?

And the equipment while old was still pretty good right? Just not to up-to-date in the avionics department?

The bases are definitely out of date, although the majority of them still exist. I'm not privy to all the info, not being based in Orlando. I think Dassault747 must be an Orlando guy, he seems to know all of that stuff. Perhaps PM him? Of course she could also call Gary, he'll have all the info.

A LOT of FLX's business is in Florida, so I imagine she'd be able to be based there (somewhere). I know Birmingham is still a base, but I'm not sure whether it's open right now. I'm fairly sure Atlanta is not available at this time, although that's always subject to change.

Average hours vary pretty significantly. On my last 210 run, I was doing about 80 hours a month. In the Baron, I'm doing maybe 60. That's fairly rare, though, my impression is that Barons tend to do more flying. It also seems that Florida runs do more flying and are more often nighttime runs.

If you want to do a lot of flying, now would probably be a good time to get on board, as they're combining a lot of runs due to lack of pilots. In addition, because the list is shrinking, the Baron upgrade time has got to be coming down. I upgraded last month, but I think the next person in line for the upgrade was hired about 6 months after me.

The equipment is fine if you aren't worried about good looks. The planes have been flown a lot for years on end, but the maintenance is excellent. Just like any other 135, if you don't write it up, it doesn't get fixed, but when something is broken and it's brought to the attention of the mechanics, it's fixed right the first time (at least at CPS, I can't speak for the other bases).

Feel free to PM with any other questions.

Last edited:
forget florida, everyone knows the fastest and best lookin planes are in the STL. this is where the 350kt turbine 210s with cargo pods are kept.

Boris, thanks for the compliment regarding my knowledge of the runs in the system. I was in the Orlando base from July 2005 thru July 2006. I upgraded to the Baron and moved to Nashville after that, and left Flight Express in early December 2006.
Dassault747

Latest resources

Back