• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Dept. CLOSED/CLOSING/SHRINKING?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Closures out of TYS: Brunswick, Ruby Tuesday, Goody's Clothing, Jewelry Television,and it looks like Anderson News will be the latest.

The New York Times today-

Jim Schuster, the chief executive of Hawker Beechcraft, is the most prominent industry executive I know who is willing to concede that the Detroit debacle created a perception problem.

But, Mr. Schuster added, “to use those three guys and their stupidity, in terms of what they did, to cast a negative light over an entire industry, is a huge mistake.”

After the auto executives had used the jets for their Washington trips, even Mr. Schuster said he was taken aback.
“I sat back in my chair and put my hands over my eyes and said, ‘Oh, why did they do that?’ ” he said. “It was terrible, terrible judgment on their part, but I don’t think they stopped to think for a minute that people were going to react this way.”

I asked him how bad things really are now: “Very bad; the worst we’ve seen. Just due to the economic circumstances, we’d laid off tens of thousands of people across the industry already. So the industry was in a very vulnerable position.”

Add AON out of MDW, and Allstate out of PWK to the list, good luck to everyoe.

The Verizon flight department is running on all cylinders. I flew out of MMU last week, noticed 2 of their Gulstreams and a Challenger taxiing out... Walked into hangr 9, talked to one of their guys, he said their jobs are "safe for now"

Latest resources

Back