• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex's new bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dream on dude. Once the Union is gone you guys can kiss your pay scale bye bye and will slowly start going towards Kenns model. Less than 4 pilots per airplane, bennies getting reduced and/or more expensive every year and just a general decline until it gets to what he likes. I've worked for 2 Ricci companies and both have been operated exactly the same. This one will be no different. We just won't have a contract in place to renegotiate better terms that can't be changed. My prediction is almost no Flex pilots will vote for representation but 3 years down the road when reality has set in I will bet all will say then that they voted for it. The reason Unions exist if for bosses like Ricci.

Yes, the PTO cut sucked but our benefits remained in place as far as I can tell. When is your vote for a payraise or to restore your 401k that you lost?

FLIGHT OPTIONS, LLC
and
THE PILOTS
in the service of
FLIGHT OPTIONS, LLC
as represented by
INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS,
AIRLINE DIVISION
This Letter of Agreement ("LOA") is made and entered into in accordance with the provisions of Title II of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by and between FLIGHT OPTIONS, LLC (the "Company"), its successors and assigns, and the Pilots in the service of the Company, as represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Airline Division ("IBT").
WHEREAS, the parties have agreed to change certain 401(k) Retirement Plan (hereinafter, Plan) provisions applicable to Pilots as set forth in Section 29 of the collective bargaining agreement ("Agreement");
WHEREAS, the parties have agreed to delay the effective date of subsection 29.2 of the Agreement due to current economic conditions impacting the Company?s business;
WHEREAS, the parties intend for this LOA to become effective upon ratification of the Agreement;
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties stipulate and agree as follows:
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman] 1. [/FONT][/FONT]When the Company makes a matching contribution of any kind for any employee covered by the Plan, or a matching contribution of any kind for any employee covered by another 401(k) Plan applicable to employees of the Company, subsection 29.2 of the Agreement shall become immediately effective subject to the terms of Paragraph 2 of this LOA.

FLIGHT OPTIONS, LLC
and
THE PILOTS
in the service of
FLIGHT OPTIONS, LLC
as represented by
INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS,
AIRLINE DIVISION
This Letter of Agreement ("LOA") is made and entered into in accordance with the provisions of Title II of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by and between FLIGHT OPTIONS, LLC (the "Company"), its successors and assigns, and the Pilots in the service of the Company, as represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Airline Division ("IBT").
WHEREAS, the parties have agreed to change certain 401(k) Retirement Plan (hereinafter, Plan) provisions applicable to Pilots as set forth in Section 29 of the collective bargaining agreement ("Agreement");
WHEREAS, the parties have agreed to delay the effective date of subsection 29.2 of the Agreement due to current economic conditions impacting the Company?s business;
WHEREAS, the parties intend for this LOA to become effective upon ratification of the Agreement;
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties stipulate and agree as follows:
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman] 1. [/FONT][/FONT]When the Company makes a matching contribution of any kind for any employee covered by the Plan, or a matching contribution of any kind for any employee covered by another 401(k) Plan applicable to employees of the Company, subsection 29.2 of the Agreement shall become immediately effective subject to the terms of Paragraph 2 of this LOA.

You guys got to vote on the LOA or did your union leaders just agree to it?
I don't ever remember voting for/against a LOA.

So, as soon as any other employee of FO LLC gets a 401)k) match you guys get yours. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

SLOWTATION

So, your point is that you were able to vote something out?? If it's that easy then why don't you go to Ricci tomorrow and say that you're ready to vote it back in and see how that works out?

I know it's not plausible for union pushers to comprehend that parties can come together without the assistance of a 100 year old railroad act but it is possible. You're so insistent that anything at any time can just be taken away. Maybe so, but you lost an entire 401k package that was in a union contract. Also, ask all the ALPA members (of which I was a member for some time) over the decades if their contracts were rock solid and bulletproof.

My point is just because you have an agreement that the courts signed off on and we don't doesn't mean that you're untouchable. We seem to be winning and you seem to be losing.

A boy & his parents were driving to Granny's house. The boy says, "Daddy, I'm hungry." Dad knows it's the dinner hour and has been eyeing the billboards for restaurants. Smiling, he asks, "Did you wanna stop for dinner?" Billy replies, "Yes, I do." Seeing more signs down the highway, he then asks, "Billy, would you like McDonalds or Burger King." Billy yells, "McDonalds! McDonalds!" Daddy joins in and Billy adds, "You're the best Daddy in the whole world!"

Get it? He has to get dinner anyways - he's waiting for the right exit. Billy only has the semblance of a choice. He's happy, he shuts the ?^*% up, & Daddy doesn't have to take a nip from his flask.

We could end the story here, but there's more: Daddy makes the exit and Mommy notices a "Vegan & Vegetable Smoothie" shack. Sensitive about her weight and knowing fast food tastes like cardboard, she asks Billy, "How about a sauerkraut and Brussel sprout smoothie instead? I think that's much more healthier for us!" Devastated, Billy sits in the back pouting, his arms folded, wishing they were already at Granny's house. Daddy rolls his eyes but doesn't say a word 'cause Billy is her responsibility.

See? Billy already voted. He was ready to plow into that Happy Meal like Germans through Poland. But at the last moment, everything was suddenly changed.

Until you have a binding contract, your "say" is a front. It's Mommy & Daddy's rules, only.

Last edited:
Really?

The new basing proposal results were announced today. It passed overwhelmingly.

July 1, 2014 Flexjet Pilot Seniority List shows 318 pilots.

212 pilots vote.

190 in favor.
22 oppose.

Almost 60% in favor. And that's counting management on the list.

Overwhelmingly?

A boy & his parents were driving to Granny's house. The boy says, "Daddy, I'm hungry." Dad knows it's the dinner hour and has been eyeing the billboards for restaurants. Smiling, he asks, "Did you wanna stop for dinner?" Billy replies, "Yes, I do." Seeing more signs down the highway, he then asks, "Billy, would you like McDonalds or Burger King." Billy yells, "McDonalds! McDonalds!" Daddy joins in and Billy adds, "You're the best Daddy in the whole world!"

Get it? He has to get dinner anyways - he's waiting for the right exit. Billy only has the semblance of a choice. He's happy, he shuts the ?^*% up, & Daddy doesn't have to take a nip from his flask.

We could end the story here, but there's more: Daddy makes the exit and Mommy notices a "Vegan & Vegetable Smoothie" shack. Sensitive about her weight and knowing fast food tastes like cardboard, she asks Billy, "How about a sauerkraut and Brussel sprout smoothie instead? I think that's much more healthier for us!" Devastated, Billy sits in the back pouting, his arms folded, wishing they were already at Granny's house. Daddy rolls his eyes but doesn't say a word 'cause Billy is her responsibility.

See? Billy already voted. He was ready to plow into that Happy Meal like Germans through Poland. But at the last moment, everything was suddenly changed.

Until you have a binding contract, your "say" is a front. It's Mommy & Daddy's rules, only.

First, congratulations on Googling and then copy & pasting that brilliant example.

So, you're suggesting that now that we've voted for the new rules, or maybe even the bases themselves, that our leadership is going to transform the language into the complete opposite of what it originally stated? That would be insane and management suicide.

July 1, 2014 Flexjet Pilot Seniority List shows 318 pilots.

212 pilots vote.

190 in favor.
22 oppose.

Almost 60% in favor. And that's counting management on the list.

Overwhelmingly?

Ok, take anyone who is or who you may consider to be in management and retract their votes. Then what? It passes 170-22? That's still overwhelming.

Wow!

I know it's not plausible for union pushers to comprehend that parties can come together without the assistance of a 100 year old railroad act but it is possible.

One Huuunddreeed Years!!!!

Incredible!!!

Wait!? 14 minus 34...or is it 36? Carry the 1...????

Oh hell! Never mind.

100 years sounds good.

I mean if overwhelming is 60%, surely 78, or even 80 years must pretty much be 100 years.

Latest resources

Back