• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OnYour6,

Your box is full. Can't PM you. :eek:

Vote4Pedro said:
Trying to learn the ways of this world and get the terminology down -- PBS? Not familiar with that one... Sounds like it might be internal to FlexJet maybe?

Thanks

PBS=Preferential bid system. There are others that use it as well. The theory is that you choose your preferences: particular days off, no weekends, your birthday off etc. You place your bid and the computer will give you those days if it can fit it in given what the staffing requirements are.

Hope this helps

604drvr,

6 straight 6/3 that would put him doing two 18 day bid periods...his choice. The most one would get with two 17 day lines would be 4 in a row...which also sucks, but that is no longer the case. Six and 3's are gone.

Its funny when I here the 604 can cover any trip. You dont think we cover the 604 trips. All the time, or when the company can't get a 604/300 their they operationaly downgrade. Instead of a happy owner we get the downgraded one, they usually ok it though I believe. Who cares it is all the same company...the 604 guys seem to be the only ones that want to biotch about this. God forbid a 604 fly lear trips. Heck it is sad that several 604 guys wont even say hello to the little lear drivers. We all bust our humps and should be treated equally. Get off the soap box.

I do agree the schedules are not fleet specific. IE 604 guys getting lighter schedules. This is not the case.

vixin said:
604drvr,

6 straight 6/3 that would put him doing two 18 day bid periods...his choice. The most one would get with two 17 day lines would be 4 in a row...which also sucks, but that is no longer the case. Six and 3's are gone.

Its funny when I here the 604 can cover any trip. You dont think we cover the 604 trips. All the time, or when the company can't get a 604/300 their they operationaly downgrade. Instead of a happy owner we get the downgraded one, they usually ok it though I believe. Who cares it is all the same company...the 604 guys seem to be the only ones that want to biotch about this. God forbid a 604 fly lear trips. Heck it is sad that several 604 guys wont even say hello to the little lear drivers. We all bust our humps and should be treated equally. Get off the soap box.

I do agree the schedules are not fleet specific. IE 604 guys getting lighter schedules. This is not the case.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I was simply responding to Splash's statement that 604 crew's got better schedules and particularly that we did not work 6 & 3. I also don't disagree that we are one company and can cover each others trips and do, but the 604 can cover them all with ease and it is used that way it's not my decision. I fly what's on the trip sheet.

As for guys not speaking that ain't me, but I have had Lear guys not speak or wave so try this: Next time you are in a place where we all gather and you see a 604 crew come introduce yourself and join the conversation, that's what I do when I see a Lear crew.

By in large everything you say in this post is true and I'm sorry my response to Splash bothered you.

CL604DRVR said:
I don't disagree with what you are saying. I was simply responding to Splash's statement that 604 crew's got better schedules and particularly that we did not work 6 & 3. I also don't disagree that we are one company and can cover each others trips and do, but the 604 can cover them all with ease and it is used that way it's not my decision. I fly what's on the trip sheet.

As for guys not speaking that ain't me, but I have had Lear guys not speak or wave so try this: Next time you are in a place where we all gather and you see a 604 crew come introduce yourself and join the conversation, that's what I do when I see a Lear crew.

By in large everything you say in this post is true and I'm sorry my response to Splash bothered you.

Ok, you really need to read my posts again. I never said that 604 guys don't ever get 6 and 3s, I said "that because of senority, the 604 guys are LESS LIKELY to see a 6 and 3. It is true that as long as you select it, the 6 and 3 are gone. The only true way to settle this debate, is to run this through the planners. I am pretty sure that they will tell you that since the 45 is the largest fleet, it has the most demand. I was also told that right now because of the rate of attrition the 45 fleet has the least amount of pilots per aircraft thus the company maxing out on the 17 day schedule.

Here's a question, how many times a week do you get a text message asking about overtime?

I always wave and talk to 604 crews. The response to flash didnt bother me. I just like to see all the info. This is not a one sided company we all are here for a reason. Just make sure you say hi at TEB. I would say the majority of 604 guys are nice, but there is a disproportion that think they poop roses as compared to other fleets. We have morons in all the fleets.

Splash,
I have buds in other fleets that work more then me and less. Some in the same fleet the work more and less. Some are more senior some arent. It all depends how PBS kicks you out and where you fall for that bid period. While it may hold true the 45 fleet has a lower crew ratio so we get 17 days more. What you are saying for the 604 fleet would hold true for the 300 and 60. They are all about the same size.

Dont do any ot so they have to hire more. They cant keep people and it will be awhile before they figure out why. They are more then happy to accept the attrition rate. Although, I think they are starting to have trouble finding pilots for class.

Splash,

I bid 14 and get 16 to 17. Lately I've been getting at least one or two OT messages per week, but I haven't worked any.

Latest resources

Back