flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey JPilot

Let me know when the 200 RTA guys quit Flight Options. If I get on with them that means I should make Captain right out of basic indoc. I want to send them all a thank you card.

I dont mind flying 14 hr days especially when its only 16 days a month. How long do you think your duty days would be at an airline? What sort of day are you looking for? Maybe a 5 hr leg to Hawaii and a 3 day layover and back home for 7 days off? Do you want a chauffered limo to take you to an from the hotel sir?

Why dont you give 135 a try where most are lucky to get a few days off a month and are on call 24/7

Well...

I knew my post would start the defense of Flight Options. For those that weren't former Travel Air, you have no idea what we "were" faced with. I did my share of charter flying (135). But, do you know the difference? There are rules to follow for duty times and rest with 135. No so at Flight Options. Maybe the Options pilots didn't do the flying we were doing, from what I understand, Travel Air airplanes are doing 70% of the flying there.

And, we won't even get into the lack of respect issue. I caused no problems whatsoever for the company, but the lack of respect was everywhere.

If this is your first jet job, good luck. But, I have flown both 135 and corporate, so this wasn't my first jet job. I know the difference and I'm not here to build time but to have a career.

NetJets is a first class operation that I am truly happy to be a part of. I haven't been happier since the days of Travel Air.

Good luck to you. If you haven't been at Travel Air, you wouldn't know the differences.

What a great conversation!!!!

Vixin,

How long have you been an FO at Flex???? Keep the faith!

I have for far to long. I have had the "it's just a business move" jammed in my "tookas" so many times I have lost my faith.

You are right about organizing. I had a buddy that used to say, "just wait til this company gets organized", " then you'll see"!
He was there 8 years before they went out of business!

Don't worry if you have a change of heart and try for EJ! They will respect that, I'm sure.

Good luck brother FO.

Flexnomore is right about the lab experiment. If the union fails there will be worse experiments then there have ever been.

Flexnomore: Great to see your post! I have a class date! I was wondering how all the exflexers like it over there?
Lab experiment is about it, who knows what the F^$&^$ is gonna go on next?

Sometimes you have to bet on the fact you may not hit the Lotto, or you may not get run over by a car next week, and may have to plan for a long time career. I am all but backing "your horse". I am about to make my final decision.

Jpilot, When we gonna have another "hops and BArley product"? Soon I hope.

Sweptwingz,

Thanks for that bit of info about the former Flex guy. I have heard that as well. A couple of my Cpt friends are telling me I should stay, because the money will be so much better when I upgrade.

Money will come at EJ. I would rather have a very secure future as a new guy at SWA, then a high paid one at United that may get furloughed...... OOPS they are furloughed, bad example.

I'd rather be making OK bucks at EJA and have representation, then to be making OK bucks at Flex and wonder I someone will get mad and fire me out of seniority.
Oh hey I have to go, they are splitting up the sugar cookie here in the lobby of the comfort inn........

Take care all!!!!!!

Gosh, ya'all are right. Flexjet should be designing its whole business model around pilot satisfaction, not profitability.
They should upgrade everybody after 1 year, whether or not we've sold the airplanes, pay everyone Challenger pay, and let everyone work 1 week per month. We should go to a Hilton-only hotel plan, and hire enough office staff to make sure every crewmember gets whatever meal they want every day.

That would be great for the month or two it lasts.

I'm sorry kids, this is business, this is not girl scout camp. If you feel like you're unloved or under appreciated, maybe that's something you should try to get from your girlfriend/boyfriend/mommy. You should be glad that Flexjet cares to send the very best: long term employment. You get that one way: responsible management.

Sometimes responsible management means you make tough decisions. You lay people off when you realize you're a little bloated instead of cook the books to show a profit, like Enron.
You find places to cut costs and gain efficiency. Most pilots can sleep just as well at the Country Inn & Suites as they can at the Hilton. I know I can.

Funny, the ones who complain about morale the most are the ones who make morale the worst. Anyone with the fortitude to stick it out at Flexjet will be glad they did. Anyone who doesn't want to, well, there's the door. Quit ruining it for the rest of us.

This is not a lab experiment gone awry. This is a company that's slowed down, taken a breather, and taken off again smarter and stronger. We're about to post our second profitable quarter in a row, We're the official fractional of the PGA, and it was announced today that there will be several upgrades this fall. If you want the real story at Flex, see my previous post in this thread.

flexlrpilot,

Your funny!!!

You should be glad that Flexjet cares to send the very best: long term employment.

What planet are you from? Why don't you tell that to the guys who were fired back in October!! I know what your rebuttal will be: They were bad apples!!! Who makes that determination? You? Dave? Tim? Bob? etc..... It's a joke!!!!

Do I think we [the pilots] should be in a Hilton and the likes when were on the road? Your dam n right I do!!! If I'm going out on the road, away from my family, my bed, etc... the very least the company can do it put me in a nice hotel so I can get some rest on a half-ass descent mattress. A room that doesn't have urine stains on the lav. and pubic hair in the bed!!!

If I’m expected to do 30-minute turns all day then I should have a meal when, where and what I desire, within reason!!! We don’t have the luxury of taking a 1 ½ lunch break to go play grab-ass. It's obvious that you work in the office and haven't been on the road much (at least no lately).

Your blatant ignorance is mind-numbing.

LJ45JI,

All I can say is, if you were in charge, or if it was your money, you'd do the same thing. Either that or we'd all be worried about our jobs.

Let me ask you this: How do you handle your personal finances? Do you throw caution to the wind and buy whatever you want, go out to eat at nice restaurants every night? Do you rack up huge credit card bills? Do you dress like a GQ cover? Or do you budget yourself carefully, save money every month, put money in your 401(k), etc.

Why should a company behave any differently? Flexjet is not the Federal Government! Flexjet has to be responsible. It's a business, and has to be profitable.

If you're too immature to understand this, you're part of the "morale problem". Please leave.

btw, it's not 30-minute turns, and I'm usually overfed on the road.

flexlrpilot357
Maybe you should put down the Montreal kool-aid at take a closer look.

You stated that Flex was "taking a breather." Why would you take a breather in the middle of the biggest boom time in fractional history. Since 1998, Flexjet has gained 59 aircraft, Flight Options has gained 100, and NJA has grown from 200 to 400 aircraft! Don't you think it's time to sell some airplanes over there?

Congrats on the PGA thing, I guess. Don't you think your other owners are going to be a little upset that the golfers are getting a "preferred" rate? Maybe if they weren't giving away the pilots money, you wouldn't be in the Comfort Inn.

If you have no desire to improve, they aren't motivated to improve it for you. Don't settle, you deserve more.

We've heard your voice too often!

flexrpilot357,

Funny how you always try to take the conversation to the same level regardless of the subject matter. Its not about LR45JI personal finance or anyone else’s finances, its about the basic failure of FLEX to maintain the trust of the pilot group through their words and actions. Over and over again the working people have paid the price for Princeton's failures.

Lack of planning, combined with there grossly overly optimistic projections has caused a great deal of trouble for a significant number of flight crew. I offer as proof the number of flight crew leaving and the ongoing union effort now taking place. Has FLEX cooked the books to turn a profit as much as they cooked the truth in getting folks to come to work for FLEX. The budget process at FLEX, its first priority is to ensure that the corporate folks maintain their bonuses and bennefits, if the masses don’t like it they can hit the road. Your words flexr357plt, not mine.

A slide in standard of living combined with the lack of understanding or caring about the long-term effect on employees, service, safety, morale will contribute to the company's inability to remain viable.

THE CURRENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEE DOES NOT HAPPEN IN A COMPANY THAT TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS AND ITS EMPLOYEES< FACT NOT FICTION.

It's not about a few malcontents, it's about doing the right thing! Try it sometimes flexrpilot357.

G2BG

Last edited:
Same old stuff

The weekly message was the same old stuff, non commital, vague information, lacking commitment. I was hoping for some detailed information about our future, I got none.
Flexr357? Is that your seniority number? I had ask in the other post how long you had been at Flex? I never got an answer, just a basically lame attack indicating what a malcontent you think I am.
I remember someone telling my back in November about how we had weeded out a bunch of losers at the priceton. I told them that alot of those people had been there a long time. Her answer was, well I don't care, they had bad attitudes. I ask her how long she had been there? Her answer? Just about a year!
I suspect the same about you Flexr357.
I have good news for you 357! You are about to move up 1!
I will be resigning soon. I know you will be glad to see me go, though you don't know me from Adam, or what I'm all about. I'm sure with your low opinion of me, my saying that I will miss Flex will probably be meaningless.
I wish only the best to the people at Flex. I have had some great times there.
Good luck to you! Your attitude will sustain you. I hope you are right about the long term survival.
However, I'm looking for a career, not a position.
Flexnomore, Gump, Jpilot, I'm on the way!!!!!!!!!
Save me a seat!

flexlrpilot357 said:
Gosh, ya'all are right. Flexjet should be designing its whole business model around pilot satisfaction, not profitability...

I like your post, intelligent, non-emotional, wrought with common sense and loyal to the folks that pay you.

Latest resources

Back