Flexjet Unionization

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excerpt from an excellent book

"When a chief executive hires a labor relations consultant to battle a union, he gives the consultant run of the company and closes his eyes. The consultant, backed by attorneys, installs himself in the corporate offices and goes to work creating a climate of terror that inevitably is blamed on the union.” Martin Jay Levitt, 1993, Confessions of a Union Buster

About my avatar: These boots are perfect for stomping on posts full of FUD.......Netjetwife, 2007

Don't miss the boat

Inigo Montoya There is no deadline. It is just an ongoing effort to get the authorization cards, of which we need 70%. Once we get those, then the official union drive begins, and there will be a vote somewhere down the road, and THAT is the important vote which will have a deadline. But like I said, thats down the road. Right now we just need the authorization cards sent in. And remember, the authorization card is not a "yes" vote. You can make up your mind about that later. This just allows the Teamsters to run an official drive.

You might want to check this. I think the deadline that you have to be concerned about is the date on the cards them self. They are only good for 1 year. So the clock starts ticking on the age of the cards. I would tell your pilots that if they think that their card may be coming up on that year date to send in another one. It would be a shame to not be able to achieve the necessary numbers because you have cards invalidated by their dates.

notapilot I believe we need 65% per the IBT to officially start the drive. You are correct this is not a vote for the union, but only to petition them to try to represent us. You have nothing to lose by turning in a card. Send in your cards and decide yes or no when we actually vote.

For all newhires, you must go to:
http://www.ibt1108.org/flexjet/index.html

Print the card and fax it in. While you are there sign up for the message board. It is 100% confidential and there is alot of good discussion going on.

This is good information and good advice. Send in 2 or 3 cards just to make sure that yours got in. Only one will count but you will ensure that your card made it in. Carry some with you while on duty so you can help some of your more lazy pilots access a card and offer to mail it for him after he fills it out. You are absolutely correct, sending in a card is not a vote for a union. Its a statement, a statement saying that I want all of our pilots to express their desires for or against a union.

[QUOTE] "Bob"/B19 is a union busting POS,,,, bent on distracting you away form you goals. He makes baseless unsubstantiated claims and refuses to back them with FACTS. Your best course with this a$$ wipe it to ignore him completely, he feeds on the controversy he attempts to stirs up. Ignoring him will relegate him to irrelevance. [/quote]

NJW.....OHHHHH... those boots!!!!!!!!!!!;)

[QUOTE] "Bob"/B19 is a union busting POS,,,, bent on distracting you away form you goals. He makes baseless unsubstantiated claims and refuses to back them with FACTS. Your best course with this a$$ wipe it to ignore him completely, he feeds on the controversy he attempts to stirs up. Ignoring him will relegate him to irrelevance.

My posts have contained nothing but facts.

Take the time to go through my posts and you will find link after link of how unions dragged their feet during critical time periods that forced LARGE carriers such as United, USAir, Northwest and Delta into massive layoffs and bankrupty. The facts are undisputable and were not written by me.

The union mob mentality only cares about my background for which I have only told the truth. They don't care about the facts I have posted about that include news articles and opinions from reputable sources such as IATA.

Be careful what you ask for. Unions have disrupted and redirected as many aviation careers as they have helped them. Watch all the negativity and mob mentality of how they treat somebody like me that doesn't agree with them.

I am not a union buster. I am somebody that has been repeatedly screwed over by unions and just wants to pass the word along.

www.unionfacts.com

B19 Comes Out Of The Closet!

Take the time to go through my posts and you will find link after link of how unions dragged their feet during critical time periods that forced LARGE carriers such as United, USAir, Northwest and Delta into massive layoffs and bankrupty. The facts are undisputable and were not written by me.

The union mob mentality only cares about my background for which I have only told the truth. They don't care about the facts I have posted about that include news articles and opinions from reputable sources such as IATA.

Be careful what you ask for. Unions have disrupted and redirected as many aviation careers as they have helped them. Watch all the negativity and mob mentality of how they treat somebody like me that doesn't agree with them.

I am not a union buster. I am somebody that has been repeatedly screwed over by unions and just wants to pass the word along.

www.unionfacts.com

Go hide in your hole and RUB ANOTHER ONE OFF

Take the time to go through my posts and you will find link after link of how unions dragged their feet during critical time periods that forced LARGE carriers such as United, USAir, Northwest and Delta into massive layoffs and bankrupt. The facts are indisputable and were not written by me.

www.unionfacts.com

I think those "facts" are dependent on your point of view. If you ask me, a simple "laborer", MANAGEMENT of those companies are the ones making the poor choices for their respective companies. They stay there for about 5 years, and leave with a big golden parachute.

The PIC is responsible for the safe outcome of the flight.

The CEO is responsible for the success of the company. Not the union.

By the way, I ran a spell check for you. But, like all management, I'm sure you'll find a way to make you poor spelling my fault.

Last edited:

www.unionfacts.com

Oh I see, so now your tryen to hide over on a Flexjet thread. Bad union-buster, bad! You say "My posts have contained nothing but facts". Yea you've put up some links to web-sites, which are run by anti-union industry groups and funny things from Industrial Relations Inc. (a NLRA union busting firm), but I've never seen any real facts. Opinions yes, but no supportable facts, particularly not as they pertain to our union the IBT1108. If you want to be taken seriously on here, I suggest you (or one of the other aliases, you have admitted you use) distance yourself from the union-busting firms. Posting links to their web sites only makes it look like you are in cahoots with them.

Once again, these are the "facts" I'm interested in, and once again I dare you to respond with anything other than hyperbole, adhominum attacks and obfuscation. What I want to know is:

1) What dog do you have in this hunt?
2) Why are you spending so much time on this message board and why so many obviously attributable aliases.
3) What's it like not to have a soul? Just kidding:), I'm sure your parents are proud of your chosen profession(Union buster). After all it ranks right up there with raper, pillager, and public fornicator.

And one final thing: You accuse us of having a "mob-mentality"? Let me tell you something sport, you can call my brothers and sisters a "Mob", but we call ourselves a brotherhood. And yea if you, or any of your other union-busting friends stick your noses in our business, try to drag our union through the mud on this or any other message board, we are going to vigorously defend ourselves. Call it what you want, but we will not sit by and take your , management's, or anyone else's crap any longer. Count on it.

I told myself I would not respond to any of this persons messages. I don't know who this person works for because he/she refuses to say. That makes me question motive. I am all for debate about the union topic because we all have different points of views and questions and we will all live with our choice. I simply do not want to listen to someone say how horrible all unions are. I do understand that in all sectors of life there are good people and bad. Some are unfortunately in management and some are in union groups. That's life! I am all ears if B19 can stop using general union bashing retoric and provide real life examples how the IBT 1108 has acted improperly to its members or company. That is all I care about. I do not care what the shoe string union in Burlington VT did or what ALPA did or did not do.

Someone who is so closed minded to either side of the issue is not worth listening to. We need open minded discussion. I would feel the same way if B19 were to say that the union is the answer to all my wishes and dreams. Unfortunately, it does not work that way. The examples B19 uses of suicides and divorces because of the unions makes me wonder why B19 refuses to take personal responsibility for ones own life. "The union made me do it" is a cop out, shows a lack of maturity and displays a weak character.

We are all rational people. We understand that a union will not make us millionaires or fix all of our individual concerns. One of the most important reasons for a union is to have a voice of the people. Our government, while not perfect, works because of this simple principle. The job of an executive and management is to maximize profits. I do not fault them for that. There needs to be checks and balances from the people who live with the decisions day after day. A collective union voice is necessary to achieve this balance.

Last edited:
Oh I see, so now your tryen to hide over on a Flexjet thread. Bad union-buster, bad! You say "My posts have contained nothing but facts". Yea you've put up some links to web-sites, which are run by anti-union industry groups and funny things from Industrial Relations Inc. (a NLRA union busting firm), but I've never seen any real facts. Opinions yes, but no supportable facts, particularly not as they pertain to our union the IBT1108. If you want to be taken seriously on here, I suggest you (or one of the other aliases, you have admitted you use) distance yourself from the union-busting firms. Posting links to their web sites only makes it look like you are in cahoots with them.

Once again, these are the "facts" I'm interested in, and once again I dare you to respond with anything other than hyperbole, adhominum attacks and obfuscation. What I want to know is:

1) What dog do you have in this hunt?
2) Why are you spending so much time on this message board and why so many obviously attributable aliases.
3) What's it like not to have a soul? Just kidding:), I'm sure your parents are proud of your chosen profession(Union buster). After all it ranks right up there with raper, pillager, and public fornicator.

And one final thing: You accuse us of having a "mob-mentality"? Let me tell you something sport, you can call my brothers and sisters a "Mob", but we call ourselves a brotherhood. And yea if you, or any of your other union-busting friends stick your noses in our business, try to drag our union through the mud on this or any other message board, we are going to vigorously defend ourselves. Call it what you want, but we will not sit by and take your , management's, or anyone else's crap any longer. Count on it.

A slight twist on a couple famous quotes:

The (union monger) doth protest too much, methinks. - Shakespeare - Hamlet

You can't handle the truth - Col. Nathan R. Jessep

I need not answer your questions. I only care that those young pilots that don't understand the dark side of unions get curious enough to research them before they get burned like I did. If you want to think it's anything more than that, I feel really sad for you.

www.unionfacts.com

Latest resources

Back