Flexjet Union Drive Continues...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Safetycheck said:
Your "all or nothing" thinking here is almost pathological. Besides, what is your definition of overworked? We ALL abide by the same FAR's. Our companies CANNOT legally go over those limits, and none of them do. No one needs that double layer protection to ensure this. The FAA oversight of duty time regulations is enough...no one is being OVERWORKED. Malarchy.

Safety,

Is your airline home considered Duty towards your 14 hour limit for the day?

Well, looks like Flexjet will be getting new aircraft to its fleet in the near future to compete with NJI.

Last edited:
If you will notice Safety, I always link the 2 situations together---to wit, underpaid/overworked. When you consider many frac pilots are being paid less than their contribution to the company can justify then that makes them underpaid for the job they do or overworked for the amount they are paid. Take your pick....either way it's wrong. Professional pilots responsible for the lives of their pax and planes worth millions are earning/deserving professional compensation. What does the hourly wage of the average FO at Flex work out to be? How many far less skilled workers earn those wages without being away from their families half the month? Sounds overworked to me. I am standing by my post. If I were a Flex wife I'd be calling all the Flex families in my area to get together and discuss the situation.

Good Luck with the card drive!
NJW

Was that a joke? If not---

GCAP said:
It doesn't matter. Art is to stupid to fy them ( Global Express )

You should proofread your post before insulting the intelligence of others GCap. :rolleyes:

Bullseye

Necromonger said:
You bring up a good point. But, what you have to realize is that F.T. does not take into account Flying ability or past experience when selecting Standard Captains. (A 60 guy told me that he selected a 3 month captain in the fleet, who has little or no previous captain experience. He told me that there are lots of 60 guys who could only laugh at the selection) He selects the biggest A$$ kissers or people he thinks he can manipulate to go into those positions. (BrokeBackMalc...)
If you have a backbone, or try to stand up for what is right, he doesn't want any part of you. Every once in a while a good one slips through and gets selected. Can't win 'em all, fred.

Necro
you sure got that figured right!

So what was your point to me Necro. That is what I was saying. The selection of the stans cap is a joke. I for one would be embarrassed to be one.

To those at Flex who want a Union..........

netjetwife said:
NJ pilots make up the largest group of fractional pilots, by far, so it is fair to say that their contract is the industry standard. When one considers the total compensation package plus time off, I do believe that the NJ pilots win hands down. NJW

I hear Netjets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back