FlexJet - Time for a Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Inigo Montoya

We should have done it a year ago but oh well. I bet those who got let go wished we had one. They got some wishy washy recall rights and the rest of us get no merit raises and a bunch are getting downgraded, and many are forced to work less than they want/need to. Whats next? And dont forget that we are below NJ and CS in pay and QOL issues. NJ has the best pay and benefits, yet they dont seem to be canning people. A union may not prevent layoffs, but it would have forced them to look elsewhere to cut costs instead of taking the easy way out and getting rid of almost 20% of their pilots.

Its time to do this. Everyone is talking about it, much more openly than they were a year ago even. My personal opinion is that an inhouse is the way to go, as this will satisfy all the teamster haters we have.

Then stop the crying and you folks at Flex need to do something about it!!!
And this time finish the job....

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. Problem is - the senior half (most of them) only care about #1 - and feel the plight of those below them is not their problem. It's an incredibly "ME" oriented pilot group with zero cohesion.

Couldn't agree more. Problem is - the senior half (most of them) only care about #1 - and feel the plight of those below them is not their problem. It's an incredibly "ME" oriented pilot group with zero cohesion.

You just described the top 100 at Flops..maybe 150

It's an incredibly corrupt pilot group, too.

I've never worked anywhere with so many brazen bald-faced ass-kissers as Flex.

"Oh, I was just talking to the chief pilot the other day, while I happened to be dropping off my expense reports ... "

Hunh? Why, pray tell, would you need to drop off your damn expense reports? Isn't the mail good enough for ya?

This place needs a good enema.

Good luck with that inhouse union thing. Heard Flops is spending about 60K a month on their negotiations and it's been going on for more than 2 years. Do the math, how are you going to raise that kind of money from 400+/- pilots? That's just too few bodies to sustain a successful drive. How are you going to enforce dues with no contract in place? All the company has to do is wait you out, it will never happen!

Teamster Haters or not, it's your only choice if you are serious about a union. Ok there is ALPA too, but seriously...an inhouse thing, you must be smokin something funny; got the munchies yet? :laugh:

Latest resources

Back