Flexjet & the Challenger 605

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I recall someone mentioning that Flexjet would eventually replace all Challenger 604s with new Challenger 605s. What is the timeline for these replacement aircraft - how many are expected in 2007? Clearly, having multiple aircraft types with the ProLine 21 set-up will benefit training and proficiency - CL300 and eventually the CL605 and Lear 60XR.

I found a great pic of the 605 - looks like a comfortable flight deck. Anyone have any experience with the ProLine 21 - any impressions? Looks like an easy and functional setup.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?...ht=691&sok= BEQRE OL cubgb_vq QRFP&photo_nr=2

Add to that a flight attendant to prepare your coffee during the flight and you have a real nice ride... Look forward to seeing those on the Flexjet line soon. Again, how many can we expect in 2007?

I recall someone mentioning that Flexjet would eventually replace all Challenger 604s with new Challenger 605s. What is the timeline for these replacement aircraft - how many are expected in 2007? Clearly, having multiple aircraft types with the ProLine 21 set-up will benefit training and proficiency - CL300 and eventually the CL605 and Lear 60XR.

I found a great pic of the 605 - looks like a comfortable flight deck. Anyone have any experience with the ProLine 21 - any impressions? Looks like an easy and functional setup.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?...ht=691&sok= BEQRE OL cubgb_vq QRFP&photo_nr=2

Add to that a flight attendant to prepare your coffee during the flight and you have a real nice ride... Look forward to seeing those on the Flexjet line soon. Again, how many can we expect in 2007?

Wow - that's quite an upgrade. What's the performance difference between the 604 and 605? Anyone know?

The ProLine 21 makes life very easy, nice big bright screens, more info than you sometimes want, and everything is integrated. Coming from the 6 screen CRJ to the 4 screen CL30 wasn't that big of a change but you get more info at your finger tips.

I am not too sure on the performance of the 605 but I don't think its that much different. But then again I haven't flown the 604 so I'm not going to speculate.

604 and 605 same type, not much performance diff. Still a mess of switches on the overhead panel on the 605 and a cabin pressure controller from 1950.

Latest resources

Back