Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet QOL getting flushed down the toilet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would one not just take the rental car from ADS and go home (assuming one leaves within reasonable driving distance from ADS) instead of a hotel room? It's as cheap as, if not cheaper than, the hotel room, and you get to go home and unload your dirty laundry/eat a home cooked meal/sleep in your own bed.

If someone is caught checking into a hotel room and then going home they should be fired. That's stealing from us all in the name of not enough hotel points to buy a stick of gum.

Week, who cares about saving Flex money...

If you want to go home thats great get a car and if another wants a Hotel they should be given a hotel.
If they then go home on there own dime who cares, not stealing.
Maybe they want to go home and then come back to the hotel later? or they want the points.

Its not about saving Flex money but preserving quality of life for your fellow pilots at Flex.

Im sure Flex will blow that money you save on bonuses or something else.

Get a clue.....

Hang on for the FG ride been there done that...

Week, who cares about saving Flex money...

If you want to go home thats great get a car and if another wants a Hotel they should be given a hotel.
If they then go home on there own dime who cares, not stealing.
Maybe they want to go home and then come back to the hotel later? or they want the points.

Its not about saving Flex money but preserving quality of life for your fellow pilots at Flex.

Im sure Flex will blow that money you save on bonuses or something else.

Get a clue.....

Hang on for the FG ride been there done that...

The owners already pay for our hotels in their contracts! So it's not a money saving issue but like johnnyride said "FG BONUS" money. Also, cut my pay I will deal with that, But my QOL I will not accept Things here are getting worse by the minute!

Gentlemen,

I'm not remotely arguing for the company in regards to not setting up hotel rooms in one's domicile. If you want or need it then by all means you should get it.

What I'm saying is that unless you live an ungodly distance from where flight operations terminated, that I can't see a reason why you'd want a hotel room over your house if DFW based.

Btw, it is stealing to have the company pay for a room you have no intention of using. If the room is already payed for in the owner contract, and you don't use it, does that money not go towards profit? And as far as saving Flex money, I agree that few management groups do stupid as well as ours does, but you're shooting yourself in the foot by not trying to save the money when feasible. Whether it's trying to save fuel on a leg or not making the company pay for an unused hotel room makes no difference.

We saved them so much money last year that it activated a no pay clause in our bonus system. That's yet another form of Flex retardedness, but the spend every dime you can mentality of some on here is ridiculous.

Beech, that is not correct. The bonus stipulation was due to the fact that when our bonus was going to be over 5%, the total bonus payout exceeded the profit margin, therefore triggering the bonus clause. Call and talk to your ACP, I am sure they will support me on this.

As far as the hotel thing, I have made my views known on the belly.

We saved them so much money last year that it activated a no pay clause in our bonus system.

Gentlemen,

"What I'm saying is that unless you live an ungodly distance from where flight operations terminated, that I can't see a reason why you'd want a hotel room over your house if DFW based."

Are you kidding me! Are you at all familiar with the DFW area during rush hour, forget about distance. Addison to the Fort Worth are can easily be 1.5 hrs, 3 hrs total commute on min rest. Can you seriously not see the problem with that. It's a safety issue, not a bean counting issue.

I could have sworn that one needed to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to get those certificates. FMR apparently found a loophole around that.

Having lived in the DFW metroplex for the better part of a decade I'm quite familiar with rush hour traffic, and the time it takes to get from ADS to my home in the suburbs of Ft. Worth. If you had bothered to read my post instead of finding something to rant about you would have seen that I think the crews should get a gateway hotel if they feel the need it. You would also have noted that the bean counting issues that I have a problem with have to do with people deliberately wasting money on hotel rooms they have no intention of using just to get hotel points. I'm saying that I want us to get hotels if we need them, but not to abuse them.

This is why we'll never have union at Flex. Half the pilot group is easily bought off with "raises" while the other half abuse the system whenever possible, or are semi-cognizant frog droppings who can't read a post in context.

CL300,
I stand corrected, and will not bother to call and have myself taped while talking to an ACP.

Alright Beech, I re-read your post, my bad, I misunderstood your intent. Calm down and go back to "defending the frontier," all is well on the DFW front.

Last edited:
I live 8 minutes from the airport so I stay at home when we layover in my domicile. But there are many guys that live a looong way from their DECLARED gateway city. These are the people that would be negatively affected if required to stay at home during a layover in their gateway. They don't want the room for the points.....

Let them stay at you're place..

I've thought about renting out the spare room......

Only $100 a night. And the 72 inch JVC big screen is pretty impressive.

Latest resources

Back