• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots www.ibt1108.org Flexjet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flexnewby..... if you are indeed new, then head over to NJ if you want to belong to a union!! Keep dreaming of a union here at Flex, 'cause it will not happen. Your "Walshfly's of the world" comment leads me to believe that you are pointing and talking down to a majority of us here at Flex that are opposed to a union. The same people that have been here from day one, the same pilots that have worked through and endured the tough times here, so that people like you can enjoy the benefits of a Job here. We don't need you here so find work some other place that will satisfy your need of a union and lay off those of us who have laid the foundation of the Elite Fractional Provider, Flexjet.
I would like to thank the forfathers of Flexjet for making it the 3rd best fractional to work for. Thank you Mr. Foundation man.

I would like to thank the forfathers of Flexjet for making it the 3rd best fractional to work for. Thank you Mr. Foundation man.

Where is everyone getting this 3rd from? Maybe in size but thats about it. Just ask your owners, the ones that have flown on us what they think of us.

Where is everyone getting this 3rd from? Maybe in size but thats about it. Just ask your owners, the ones that have flown on us what they think of us.
Fly, I don't think he's looking at it from the owners prospective.

Well, lets look at the Fracs as far as daily rates goes. I think my math is mostly correct on these.

#1 - Netjets (soon to be new rates) on 7/7 (182 days/ year)

1st year FO: $312/day
5 year captain: $551/day

#2 - Citation Shares 7/7 (182 days/year)

1st year FO: $219/day
5 year captain: $500/day

#3 - Flexjet - 15.5 days per 28 day bid period (202 days/year)

1st year FO: $195/day
5 year lear captain (who would be on YEAR 4 PAY!!!) $406/day

#4 - Options 8/7 (197 days/year)

1st year FO: $172/day
5 year captain (midsize): $361/day

so, we are 3rd in pay, and options is going to jump ahead of us eventually. Being best in service can only go so far.

Wow! That Netjet's FO pay is truly eye opening (captain pay isn't too shabby either). My bet is CS will match Netjets raise. Flex will take their time and come up with just enough to appease the pilots that are on the union fence. The trick for management is what will that raise be: 10%, 15%, 20%? Flex is already behind on pay alone and that's not even mentioning Flex's subpar health benefits. I can see it now, the road show that explains how excited they are bringing the pilots a new package that falls well short. Here is a quoted line you will be sure to hear, "We do not see how Netjets will be able to afford this new pay scale."

300 pilot,

with comments like you made, i would say STOP drinking the kool-aid. but clearly you need to STOP smoking Weed as well.

Bright side is when you dont make it as a union pilot there will some stand-up comedy work someplace for you.

We all set the standard and believe we should all be paid equally for doing such. Your idealism continues to show your one side is for you and you only. I feel sorry for your fellow workers.

"We do not see how Netjets will be able to afford this new pay scale."

I love that line!! Options was throwing it around after the initial Net Jets contract passed. Man was it great to throw it back in their faces the first quarter Net Jets posted a profit.

I have to agree with all those Flex pilots that are worried about losing benefits at the whim of some company bean counter. A contract is truley the only way to get some piece of mind. I won't sugar coat it though - the road to the contract is tough! Don't know if I will be able to stick it out.

Last edited:
It costs more to train new pilots than it does to retain happy, existing pilots who get better at what they do over time (they learn the ropes and remain consistent in terms of service delivery - very important). Attrition can get very expensive quickly - I am sure FLOPS can vouch for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do wonder how our attrition compares to the other fracs. I dont think ours it TOO high. And I dont think anybody is leaving because they dont like it here. It is a good company and the flying is great, but there is just more money to be made other places. I'd like to stay here for another 30 years (would be nice to have that kind of job security) but there are certainly a lot of other opportunities out there offering better pay.

Management has eluded to some sort of response to the NJ increase, so I guess we'll wait and see what it is. There is such a variety of things that people want fixed though. Some are looking for more pay, I'm all about more gateways, others are really concerned about the retirement, others are very unhappy with the medical benefits, and still others want more time off. If they really want to slow down attrition they are going to have to fix a whole bunch of those.

Latest resources

Back