• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots, Let's Get It Together

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not hiding from anyone walsh. It's called Memorial Day weekend, and I had plans that didn't involve responding to internet tough guy "you know you're hiding" type remarks.

So the weekends over, and it wasn't a time thing. Yet you still don't have an enough of a spine to state your name, but you sure can call the rest of your co-workers names. If you want so much change then be proud, stand up, state your fix, so that we may all be fortunate enough to see your greatness.

While I don't think calling a group as a whole "jelly spined" is very productive - the crux of that is fairly accurate. The opportunity for QOL changes was there, the momentum was there for change - but a timely pay increase seems to have satisfied the masses. Company focus and study groups are nice and all - but are they productive? I guess only time will tell - but it in general amounts to lip service unless there is positive action.

What's the old saying? "Talk is cheap.............................

Everyone should learn to use the Auto On/Off function of the blackberry. Auto off when you go to bed; auto on when your rest is over.

I do it every day and so do most of my crew members.

So the weekends over, and it wasn't a time thing. Yet you still don't have an enough of a spine to state your name, but you sure can call the rest of your co-workers names. If you want so much change then be proud, stand up, state your fix, so that we may all be fortunate enough to see your greatness.

It's not calling names if it's accurate. By and large, other than the three or four I've flown with who have kool-aid coursing through their veins, our pilot group wants change on the same group of issues, but isn't willing to address them other than the aforementioned study groups and every productive CAB meetings. It's not getting it done.

You want names? How many pro union guys have you seen canned at ours and other companies for revealing themselves? There's no shortage of goobers just dying to take info to the Waterview.

Personaally, I've sent my union card in, as I see it's the way to get things done here at Flex, and I have no problem calling my ACP, emaililng the feedback line, or whatever to effect what needs to be addressed. I simply chose not to waste my time with such entities as the CAB when over time their lack of producitivity has been bourne out, and that's not for a lack of trying on their part. I've found that former CAB members are often the most ardent union supporters.

Keep trying the internet tough guy routine though. You can't debate my point so you go into call out mode. Throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the one who gets hit yelps.

You know, I don't need an internet pissing match. I apologize for the use of jelly spined with regards to our pilot group, and would in fact edit it out if that option were available. It detracts from the direction of the post and was not meant to be a sticking point. It was not the most tactful way to state my meaning. Directness seems more my way than tact unfortunately. If I had used weak willed, apathetic, or lacking togetherness some wouldn't been offended, but they were and I apologize for that as well.

Heaven help me that semanctics take presidence over substance.

Everyone should learn to use the Auto On/Off function of the blackberry. Auto off when you go to bed; auto on when your rest is over.

I do it every day and so do most of my crew members.

you mean after the first 10 hours, or two hours before show time? thats the issue, which is the end of rest?

End of rest time

1. Assigned end of rest time when no trips.
2. One hour before airline departure.
3. One hour before departure for trip assignment. 1.5 hours before international departure.

Having your phone on before those times is voluntary.

Last edited:
no that is not correct. the email from TC said, in regards to an "end of rest" time - "The end of rest time should be considered similar to our current FOM policy and that it represents your next duty assignment. you are eligible for a change in your duty assignment if you have the required 10hrs rest in the past 24hrs."

so we have to answer our phones after 10 hours (or 3am if in rest at 5pm)... right? thats how i read that anyway.

End of rest

no that is not correct. the email from TC said, in regards to an "end of rest" time - "The end of rest time should be considered similar to our current FOM policy and that it represents your next duty assignment. you are eligible for a change in your duty assignment if you have the required 10hrs rest in the past 24hrs."

so we have to answer our phones after 10 hours (or 3am if in rest at 5pm)... right? thats how i read that anyway.

Your legal assigned rest ends at those previously mentioned times. Call your ACP and they will tell you that you are not required to answer your phone during and up to that time. Does not matter how long your assigned rest period is. If you choose to answer the phone and you have had the legal minimum rest then yes, after ten hours they can legally get you out of rest and put you on duty. I think what we are dealing with is what is legal and what I am willing to do without the risk of losing my job because I did not answer the phone. The captain has to take the lead on that subject when you go into rest and when you agree to come out of rest because they will be calling him first. Some captain's are good about it and some not and always answer their phone. A big problem is that not all understand the rest rules either. The FOM policy is that they can attempt to call you in the first two or last two hours of your assigned rest period while legally they can really attempt to call you anytime while in rest. If you do not wish to be disturbed and you need the rest then turn you phone off.

I was a union supporter and on the organizing committee but be careful about claiming anything as you can be fired just as fast as you were hired. Trust me.

Latest resources

Back