• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots, Let's Get It Together

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i believe seahawk is right about how to interpret the rest rules. you do not have to answer your phone before your out of rest time. I have also seen a decline in hotel quality recently. Nothing but holiday inn products lately. I'll never complain about the crew food though because we do get perdiem and i'm grateful for whatever free food i'm given, even if it us subpar at times.

Bunman,
The reason for the food is they don't want to give you meal breaks. To them pilots wandering off property for an hour is like herding cats.

It's not calling names if it's accurate. By and large, other than the three or four I've flown with who have kool-aid coursing through their veins, our pilot group wants change on the same group of issues, but isn't willing to address them other than the aforementioned study groups and every productive CAB meetings. It's not getting it done.

You want names? How many pro union guys have you seen canned at ours and other companies for revealing themselves? There's no shortage of goobers just dying to take info to the Waterview.

Personaally, I've sent my union card in, as I see it's the way to get things done here at Flex, and I have no problem calling my ACP, emaililng the feedback line, or whatever to effect what needs to be addressed. I simply chose not to waste my time with such entities as the CAB when over time their lack of producitivity has been bourne out, and that's not for a lack of trying on their part. I've found that former CAB members are often the most ardent union supporters.

Keep trying the internet tough guy routine though. You can't debate my point so you go into call out mode. Throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the one who gets hit yelps.

Internet tough guy? I have already debated this subject enough, and I am tired of guys coming to work here that know its a non-union shop and then they want to change it. If you want to work at a union shop then go work for one. The fact that its not was a big reason for me coming here. I have work for union shops before and so far I am happy here, things have only gotten better since I started and I agreed to the way things were when I started. Could thing be better YES. Will they get better YES. Do we need a union to make it happen I don't think so.

If you want things to get better, don't whine on here call someone that matters. You want changes then get involved. If your not involved with the company to make things better, then you have nothing to complain about. And if your already are, then why are you on here bitchen.

walsh,
I detailed the steps I have taken to be proactive. I will not get involved with the study groups or the CAB. There's a reason there aren't longtime CAB members. People get tired of the futility. I don't need to quote the definition of insanity.

Whining about "whiners" always amuses me. I didn't come here to whine, but replied to another poster about how the last union drive stalled. The whining didn't start until a few people got their girl parts in a strain.

I came from a non union shop before this. Good job. This one's better, and yes things have gotten better, but you can't view that in a vacum of company good will. I'm sorry that your previous union job sucked, but I won't delude myself into believing that pilots making phone calls in ones and twos will get things done here. I've watched it long enough to know better.

The leader in our industry has a union and does quite well with it. The bottom dweller has one too and are in one ugly dog fight over their contract. I would like to think our management isn't quite as bad as the latter groups. I didn't want to be a part of unionized company until I came here, and saw some of the flagarant crap (do I really need to detail it?) that goes on here.

Feel free to quit bitchin' about those who weren't bitchin' in the first place.

you mean after the first 10 hours, or two hours before show time? thats the issue, which is the end of rest?

My typical method is auto ON after the first 10 hrs. I'm not looking to rock the boat to such an extreme that all the passengers are fearful. This business model is a very fluid one and I can appreciate that. I know changes happen overnight and I'll try to put myself in a position to help out. If however I'm too tired, I'm too tired.

The way I try to look at most any situation at Flexjet is how will my actions impact the future of this company...negatively or positively? My plan is to make Flex my home until retirement. So, I'm looking to do what's best for our owners. If me waking up a little earlier than planned will get them where they need to be due to changes that I had no control over, I will do all I can, "within FAA rules", to help out.

However, I have never allowed anyone to contact me 2 hrs prior to the first 10...like the FOM says the company "can" do. All phones are off and/or off the hook. For all intents and purposes, I'm uncontactable. Unless of course you come banging on my door, at which point I'll be calling hotel security.

These are my thoughts on the subject until new verbage is placed in our FOM.

Thanks Guys.

For the most part I agree with Jackpilot, but believe we do need more defined rest rules with better guidance from the company. The rules now are way too flexible in scheduling's favor and leave the crews guessing on how to rest and prepare themselves for the next assignment....probably not the safest way to operate. Flexjet is a good company and we offer a great product but there are some issues that need addressing and in my opinion rest is at the top of the list.

Latest resources

Back