• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Conundrum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW -- payscales at FO can increase for pilots with minimal direct impact to the Company's bottom line. The FO owner's contracts include an escalation solely based upon pilots wages, so it is a "pass through". The "hit" may come from decreased sales or increased owner departures due to increased rates vs. the others. Neither CS, NJA nor (as of a few years ago) Flex had such an escalation in their respective owner's contracts.

Its my view, as of the "Value" brand announcement, while putting in a lot of years here at FO, I'm feeling very sour as soon as this was announced, most pilots I have talked to agree. Frankly I'm tired of Ricci buying company's while we have no 401K match, and he has linked the 401k match to bringing back the furloughed guys.

What's the 401K match at Flex? As a Canadian company, is there a pension?

Don't forget when our LAS mechanics got a name change on their paycheck to Constant Aviation, they got their 401k back. Was there a reason that their job didn't deserve it before when they were doing the same job but just with Flight Options name on their paycheck? It was because if anyone in the company would get it back, the pilots contractually would have to get it to. Do they hate us that much to punish a whole company? That almost sounds punitive.

I want to see what management by trust will do now that things have unarguably turned around financially for DAC and in turn, Flight Options. I trust they will do the right thing by years end and treat us fairly. I would say 400 pilots will be watching to see if they can trust their new management to treat workers fairly. Time will tell.

Ricci has found a loop hole to beat this union. They will SLOWLY but surely dissolve Flops. And Ricci will have the Union out of his portfolio once and for all..He swore he would never be apart of a company that has a Union on the property and he has finally made that come true. Hold on Flex Jet pilots management by fear has just begun for ya

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner!

Flops=Comair

Flex=Compass

Ricci=Satan

He already beat us out on scope clause kicking the crap out of us doing all those free flights for Spinnaker and Sentient. We just lined his pockets to screw us even worse. This will not turn out well, I'm telling you right now. Listened to the weekly message. Not resistant to change? WTF? What? the change of assets and owners over to Flex? I can't believe I ever placed my families financial future in Ricci's hands. Don't forget the man has an insatiable desire for more, more, more. He could still blow the payback of the 185 mil to Bombardier like he did Raytheon. The song wasted time by the eagles keeps coming to mind, can't figure out why. This does not bode well for either group of pilots.

Yes, we had a pension. No, we won't have a pension. Yes, we had a match on the 401k. No, they are not telling us if there will be a match going forward.

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner!

Flops=Comair

Flex=Compass

Ricci=Satan

He already beat us out on scope clause kicking the crap out of us doing all those free flights for Spinnaker and Sentient. We just lined his pockets to screw us even worse. This will not turn out well, I'm telling you right now. Listened to the weekly message. Not resistant to change? WTF? What? the change of assets and owners over to Flex? I can't believe I ever placed my families financial future in Ricci's hands. Don't forget the man has an insatiable desire for more, more, more. He could still blow the payback of the 185 mil to Bombardier like he did Raytheon. The song wasted time by the eagles keeps coming to mind, can't figure out why. This does not bode well for either group of pilots.

Glad to hear you wont be coming back if your number is called.

Skanza did they allow you to expense your flight info account when you changed your handle to ruprecht boy? Nope been here all along working my asse off hoping things would get better.

Latest resources

Back