• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm with you SDCFI. I'd like to stay here and let required increase in benefits and QOL take place. I'll give them until May for that (or February if they'll man up and announce all the improvements), but it needs to be significant. It would be so much better to be at a destination job than one who treats it's employees like it's a stepping stone outfit like the one I just left.

I'll wait. We'll see. All the voicemails let's you know that DG knows the natives are restless. If I get another $3 a day pay increase then I'll send in my resume to NJA's the same day.

Why are so many people willing to "wait until may"? The company says it is for "budget reason." That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Since when can a company not issue raises for "budget reasons?" Does NJ have to wait until the end of their fiscal year?

Dont buy into it! They can change the budget if they want to. Hell the government does it almost weekly.

Here's the real reason: Bonus checks for upper management will go bye bye if they have to change the budget.

Our government is several trillion in the hole, because they do whatever they want with the budget. Bad example. I'll wait, because that's when the new fiscal year starts at Flex. It's no different than saying the new pay grade starts January 1st at any other company. I'd like it to happen now, but that's not going to happen, and getting the union to set up shop will only delay things by a number of years. The best thing that could happen would be to lock in the new benefits when they come out, and have the union start setting up shop the next day.

We're not an airline, and in case you haven't noticed, Bombardier/Flex doesn't do business like everybody else. It's frustrating as hell sometimes, I know, but that's how they do it. You can either wait for May or wait for several years while a union gets it's act together. I'll wait til May. Until then all this moaning is all Sound and no Fury.

I would like some of the non monetary QOL changes to take place before May, and that is doable.

I'm one of those 0-4 year guys at Flex. I don't mind waiting until May for the improvements to kick in, but they better be BIG. If I don't like what I see I'll be sending out two things: 1) Union card 2) Updated resume to Netjets. I sincerely don't think management is stalling regarding the fiscal year and such when it comes to pay/benefits, but I also agree there's no reason they can't open up new bases and improve the rest/work rules and number of days worked right now. The new TA at NJA notwithstanding we are still at the bottom of the pack when it comes to bases and rest periods (floating rest). That is unacceptable, and ironic since just about every VM reminds us how much we still need new pilots. How can you expect people to come here with mid-level pay and shoddy work rules?

Huh. I wonder what Googster would have to say about that...

I'm one of those 0-4 year guys at Flex. I don't mind waiting until May for the improvements to kick in, but they better be BIG. If I don't like what I see I'll be sending out two things: 1) Union card 2) Updated resume to Netjets.
I would suggest sending the resume to NJA now to get the ball rolling, since it's pretty unlikely you would get an interview before May, anyway. There is also going to be a FLOOD of resumes if/when the IBB passes. Better to be ahead of the wave than following it in.

I'm with you SDCFI. I'd like to stay here and let required increase in benefits and QOL take place. I'll give them until May for that (or February if they'll man up and announce all the improvements), but it needs to be significant. It would be so much better to be at a destination job than one who treats it's employees like it's a stepping stone outfit like the one I just left.

I'll wait. We'll see. All the voicemails let's you know that DG knows the natives are restless. If I get another $3 a day pay increase then I'll send in my resume to NJA's the same day.

Yes we at Flex understand that we are under budget from Montreal and any increases has to come thru Montreal but this is just not about money. Opening Bases, Improving Scheduling, Improving work rules, Improving Crew Meals, Improving rest rules are all things that DG and MM can go ahead and now start to work with the CAB to fix and improve but instead we are getting everyone will have to wait. WHY?
The other problem at Flex is that there is a huge gap between hiring. It has just been in the last 2 years that they have hired large numbers so I believe that management's thoughts are We have this percentage of people under 2 years who will have to pay and this number of people over 7 years who have to much to lose so if we lose this percentage of the 2-4 yr people it will no effect us that badly so lets throw crumbs to those who think Flex is the sh*t, tell them to drink more Kool Aid then tell those 2-4 yrs to go to hell. ( See working in management during college did me well.LOL)

Bailey,

Do I hear a hint of you leaning toward the union now?

The CAB has been working on the same issues long before either you or I got hired here with no results. I don't see Montreal letting DG or MM or anyone else for that matter do much on the compensation side. I don't know which way this union thing is going to go, but I do know to strap on the boots, because I think it is about to get very interesting over the next several months.

Yes we at Flex understand that we are under budget from Montreal and any increases has to come thru Montreal but this is just not about money. Opening Bases, Improving Scheduling, Improving work rules, Improving Crew Meals, Improving rest rules are all things that DG and MM can go ahead and now start to work with the CAB to fix and improve but instead we are getting everyone will have to wait. WHY?
The other problem at Flex is that there is a huge gap between hiring. It has just been in the last 2 years that they have hired large numbers so I believe that management's thoughts are We have this percentage of people under 2 years who will have to pay and this number of people over 7 years who have to much to lose so if we lose this percentage of the 2-4 yr people it will no effect us that badly so lets throw crumbs to those who think Flex is the sh*t, tell them to drink more Kool Aid then tell those 2-4 yrs to go to hell. ( See working in management during college did me well.LOL)

because I think it is about to get very interesting over the next several months.

Guys its a long road doing this contract, I just wish we did it long before this at FLOPS, but it will be well worth it. Just seeing what management is capable of doing before the union and especially after, makes me thankfull i'm paying dues to have somebody in my court, while the company has its "kangaroo court"

Latest resources

Back