• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet January meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everybody chill. We're going to get at least 1 more day a bid period off. Isn't that better than nothing. Managment is busting thier buns to give us at least a little something. We don't want the company to bleed red. Just remember a quick fix will be a small gain, give it a little more time and we will be the best compensated in the industry. I know everybody has missed me but I'm working so much overtime, its the best way I know to help me and help flex being we are so short handed and all. GO FLEXJET!

one more thing. This is the word fore the day. VOTE!

hammer2 said:
Everybody chill. We're going to get at least 1 more day a bid period off. Isn't that better than nothing. Managment is busting thier buns to give us at least a little something. We don't want the company to bleed red. Just remember a quick fix will be a small gain, give it a little more time and we will be the best compensated in the industry. I know everybody has missed me but I'm working so much overtime, its the best way I know to help me and help flex being we are so short handed and all. GO FLEXJET!

Ah, we had this exact same crap at NJA before our CBA. Of course, it went on for 4 years. Management is busting their buns to get you a little something??? Yeah, I'm sure that's the case. It's more probable that your managment is busting their buns on more ways to keep you hanging by a thread for as long as possible.

Oh you have to understand Hammer. He's never satisfied until he has a mouthful of sausage. He's a poser anyway.

Sky Pirate, I like your advice for those who are in the job market--vote with your feet. It can affect change, albeit, slowly. That said, what about the pilots that are already employed by companies that undervalue their contribution? That have refused to make good on those promises...we'll take care of you soon...hang in there.....work with us and then.....

What happens when that day doesn't arrive? Why should pilots who have invested time in a company, made friendships there, and have settled their families, have to "vote with their feet"? One voice at a time raised in protest--turning down the job---is far too easy for these companies to ignore. For too many management teams it takes a loud chorus of strong voices in unison demanding... show me the money....treat me with respect...give credit where credit is due. After endless periods of broken promises and continued foot-dragging on addressing legitimate complaints, pilots have the right to stand together and call "Time's up!"

Labor unrest and bad morale have negative consequences for all involved. Why continue to prolong the situation? If the companies respected the pilots, their work rules would reflect that. If their skills were valued, their paychecks would show that. True, you get what you negotiate, but who has the best chance of getting it---the lone pilot or a strong union?

Recognizing there's strength in numbers,
Netjetwife

Hey, ah, er Netjetwife.???

netjetwife said:
Sky Pirate, I like your advice for those who are in the job market--vote with your feet. It can affect change, albeit, slowly. That said, what about the pilots that are already employed by companies that undervalue their contribution? That have refused to make good on those promises...we'll take care of you soon...hang in there.....work with us and then.....

What happens when that day doesn't arrive? Why should pilots who have invested time in a company, made friendships there, and have settled their families, have to "vote with their feet"? One voice at a time raised in protest--turning down the job---is far too easy for these companies to ignore. For too many management teams it takes a loud chorus of strong voices in unison demanding... show me the money....treat me with respect...give credit where credit is due. After endless periods of broken promises and continued foot-dragging on addressing legitimate complaints, pilots have the right to stand together and call "Time's up!"

Labor unrest and bad morale have negative consequences for all involved. Why continue to prolong the situation? If the companies respected the pilots, their work rules would reflect that. If their skills were valued, their paychecks would show that. True, you get what you negotiate, but who has the best chance of getting it---the lone pilot or a strong union?

Recognizing there's strength in numbers,
Netjetwife

Hey, ya, Netjetwife. Did ya happen to see that little blockbuster movie there a couple of years back. It was called, THE TITANIC?

Yea, theres strentgh in numbers alright...in MOST circumstances.

A very good example of many paying for the mistakes of a few. If you are seeking to draw a parallel between their situation and that of frac pilots, I concur. Mismanagement was clearly to blame!

Yea, thats it.

netjetwife said:
A very good example of many paying for the mistakes of a few. If you are seeking to draw a parallel between their situation and that of frac pilots, I concur. Mismanagement was clearly to blame!

Rising tide raises all boats, and all floatsam too.

Yea, but who was steering that boat? Union workforce or managemt? Who was looking out for the iceberg.

Icebaahhhg. Deeeaaad aheeeeaad!!!

ArtVandalay said:
Oh you have to understand Hammer. He's never satisfied until he has a mouthful of sausage. He's a poser anyway.
You probably got to sleep in because I was trip trollin.

It was pressure from above that was responsible for the Titanic pushing ahead in dangerous conditions. The owners were out for glory--setting a record--safety wasn't a major concern. It was also their decision to provide far fewer life boats than was needed. Clearly, the loss of lives cannot be blamed on those that worked on the ship. According to your way of thinking, the pilots will be to blame if the card venture causes problems. Pilots have to be accountable for what happens in the cockpit. It's not asking too much for management to exercise responsibility in setting the policies that affect all involved.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back