• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet good or bad?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a great deal rum... hope it last forever and you get a great career out of it...I really do,

BUT...

they are not in the business of flying and that is the weak link in the chain...

Well, I work for a company that values corporate aviation and will not change. Our aircraft are a corporate tool and according to our last evaluation of 11/07 to the CEO to justify our department we beat charter and fractional handsdown!!!

I can't reveal numbers here but our flight department budget in relation to the companies' budget relate to an Ant on an Elephants arse!

Cheers-rum

There are som companies thatare always going to do well and have fantastic flight departments. Johnson Wax is one that comes to mind. However, if you are in a corprate gig and the financials go downhill the airplane is the first to go.

Good luck Rum.

Sounds like a great deal rum... hope it last forever and you get a great career out of it...I really do,

BUT...

they are not in the business of flying and that is the weak link in the chain...

Bingo.

However, if you are in a corprate gig and the financials go downhill the airplane is the first to go.

That's a gross overstatement and generalization. I’m not naïve enough to think that my current job is going to last forever, but for goodness sakes, don’t be such a pessimist.

A company’s airplane can be, and often is, an essential tool used for business. Many people think a flight department’s airplane is a toy for the boss, but that’s hardly ever the case. The airplane is not always the first thing to go if it has been used primarily for business.

However with that being said, I would never consider going to work for a flight department who uses their airplane primarily for pleasure.

hey just got my interview date with FlexJet. Anyone have any inside opinons of FlexJet?

So you found an address, you sent a resume, you recieved and filled out an application. Then you waited awhile and finally had the app accepted and then received a call for interview?

And NOW you want to know what opinions are of the company??

THAT is exactly the type of planning and preparation that makes for a good pilot. I am sure will do well there.

How many other companies that you know nothing about do you have apps in with?

Fail to plan = plan to fail.

Well, I work for a company that values corporate aviation and will not change. Our aircraft are a corporate tool and according to our last evaluation of 11/07 to the CEO to justify our department we beat charter and fractional handsdown!!!

I can't reveal numbers here but our flight department budget in relation to the companies' budget relate to an Ant on an Elephants arse!

Cheers-rum

Be very careful what you say out loud Rumrnr. I too am working for a corporate operator, in my 16th year, and thought it was as secure as can be. It is a working airplane with no pleasure flights. No weekend flights, we don’t take board members or management on vacation, we have all major holidays off. This summer our company was sold, and last month we found out that all management functions for our company will be handled through the new company’s corporate office. There will be a few employees here that will be offered a position at the new headquarters but the majority of the 70 employees here will be out of work by April. And, as for the flight department, yes we are the first to go. We are closing down at the end of the year.

If anyone has information on a good long-term position in the Mid-Atlantic region please let me know through a PM.

What? Are you serious? Have you ever had to find a flying job or have you been at the same one forever? The rule of thumb for me and everybody elsI know out there is if you are looking for work, send resumes to everybody and see who bites.

So you found an address, you sent a resume, you recieved and filled out an application. Then you waited awhile and finally had the app accepted and then received a call for interview?

And NOW you want to know what opinions are of the company??

THAT is exactly the type of planning and preparation that makes for a good pilot. I am sure will do well there.

Lets see...the poster has 4 posts and registered in November of this year.

Maybe he just found out about flightinfo.com. Maybe he heard it was a great resource with great people on it. That will give you professional responses.

Hummm....

:)

Lets see...the poster has 4 posts and registered in November of this year.

Maybe he just found out about flightinfo.com. Maybe he heard it was a great resource with great people on it. That will give you professional responses.

Hummm....

:)

Someone has applied for a job he knows jack schitt about and is now searching for inside info.....ohh never mind. If you don't see it now you never will.

Best plan is just to throw resumes at every operator from A to Z, waste everyones time (including your own), and then say "anyone know anything about this company?"

Yup, PIC material. Good luck with your next 10 jobs over the next 5 years.

What? Are you serious? Have you ever had to find a flying job?.

Actually yes. And every move was upwards, not lateral.
I did so by researching various operators, THEN making an informed decision on where I wanted to be BEFORE applying and waiting for an interview. Might explain why I don't have a box full of various airline's wings and the bitter resentment towards every company that "screwed" me along the way.

Latest resources

Back