• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't have a horse in this race but from where I sit the FJ guys have their heads buried six feet in the sand. I haven't seen this much denial since the ex-WindRider guys followed Wynn and Co. into the ground at Pinnacle/JetRide/Aspen jet. I hope the best for you guys but I think a lot of you need a reality check. Life has changed and is probably about to change even more. And I don't think you can see that.

Sometimes when You close your eyes, You can't see.
The problem IS denial and most everyone, not all, at FJ WILL NOT EVEN TAKE THE TIME TO EDUCATE THEMSELVES regardless of their position. I want to help the helpless, but I don't want to help the clueless.

We have already been down this road many times. If we need representation, we will vote for it. Meanwhile, all y'all going to be stuck in the mud awhile while we play on our own beach!

Why do people always say you need to educate yourself or I just want to help, especially when talking about unions? Why not just say what you mean when using that phrase, "I think you are stupid for not agreeing with me". Or who really just wants to help another individual at another company, "what you really mean I want to do what is best for me and I am going to make it sound like I am helping you". I've always found that phrase or similar ones funny and annoying at the same time. Who knows the person saying that phrase may actually be less educated than the person on the receiving end of that phrase.

I think a more productive discussion would be what exactly
are the benefits of joining the union. IE, Pay, Days Off, Benefits, Job Security, etc. As it is now this discussion is more of personal preference rather than facts. There is not one post that says if Flexjet joins the 1108 they will get a pay rise, better benefits, job security, etc. This is truly a very unusual merger where the non union group generally has better pay/benefits than the union group. In fact, if I were Flexjet my biggest concern would be the new company growing the FLOPS side of the company because pay and benefits are generally 30-40% of what Flexjet pilots earn. That may be the reason to join the union but here again that is speculation and who knows what management intentions are. Another speculation may be if FLOPS gives up the 1108 then management will match Flexjet pay for FLOPS pilots. I wouldn't bet on that but who knows. Fact is no one really knows what is going to happen but I can see benefits for Flexjet to join a union and I can also see downfalls to joining the union. This is truly a very unique situation in aviation union history and it seems backwards. The union jobs are the lower paid and the non union are the higher paid. Truly weird and unique.

Club, I think we've been on opposite sides of the road so far, even though I consider many of your posts thoughtful. I gotta question this portion of your post, though. First you say you're not worried, then you admit that Uncle is indeed the new big Kahuna.

Ok fair enough, yes that is kinda contradictory. I suppose what I mean is, right now we have a pretty good relationship with middle management and maintenance and don't have any pressure to fly broken airplanes (our maintenance people are all really cool actually, always have our back) and I'm not aware of anyone being fired without a good cause. So yes, KR is in charge but my argument is that alone does not mean things will suddenly get bad, unless he changes our middle management. I can't see our chief pilot suddenly changing the way he handles pilot disciplinary actions, and I don't see our maintenance guys suddenly deciding not to have our back. Is KR going to send an email that says "hey managers, start treating your pilots like crap." Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the problem at options was middle management, who may or may not have been following KRs orders. Our management is good, I like most of he people in the office, and I'd like to think that if KR gave them some shady policy they would say no.

The wait and see is in regards to the NMB petition. Why the need to do it so quickly? If you wait until KR has made all his changes then maybe we will know what you are talking about. Right now it's business as usual.

I think a more productive discussion would be what exactly
are the benefits of joining the union. IE, Pay, Days Off, Benefits, Job Security, etc. As it is now this discussion is more of personal preference rather than facts. There is not one post that says if Flexjet joins the 1108 they will get a pay rise, better benefits, job security, etc. This is truly a very unusual merger where the non union group generally has better pay/benefits than the union

That discussion can not be had, because if we merge under representation, a new contract would have be made. So nothing the options pilots, have or flexjet pilots have, is guaranteed to stay in place. For the flexjet pilots, some could argue its a risky move as we may lose stuff. There is more to gain for the average options pilot from a merger and less for the average flex pilot

I do agree that this is a pretty weird situation. The union company being lower paid than the smaller non-union.

Last edited:
I think a more productive discussion would be what exactly are the benefits of joining the union. IE, Pay, Days Off, Benefits, Job Security, etc. As it is now this discussion is more of personal preference rather than facts. There is not one post that says if Flexjet joins the 1108 they will get a pay rise, better benefits, job security, etc.

I agree completely. That discussion is happening here http://forum.ibt1108.org/ Why don't you go register and take part in it.

I've heard members of management and their stooges have been trying to scare the Flex pilots on Yammer about registering for the union's message board. You guys should ask yourselves why are they trying so hard to segregate you from the FO pilots. First the deny the FO pilots access to Yammer, justifying if with a transparent excuse/lie. Then when, in response, the union puts up a message board of it's own they try to scare you away from it.

I mean, you guys are seeing through this right?

I agree completely. That discussion is happening here http://forum.ibt1108.org/ Why don't you go register and take part in it.

I've heard members of management and their stooges have been trying to scare the Flex pilots on Yammer about registering for the union's message board. You guys should ask yourselves why are they trying so hard to segregate you from the FO pilots. First the deny the FO pilots access to Yammer, justifying if with a transparent excuse/lie. Then when, in response, the union puts up a message board of it's own they try to scare you away from it.

I mean, you guys are seeing through this right?

Not true. And what's up with the name calling??? Anyway, I just went back and reread the Yammer thread where the 1108 board discussion took place. Notice past tense as there is no ongoing conversation about it anymore. Nowhere in that conversation did management try to discourage anyone from joining the board. However, some of the pilots said that they wouldn't on their on free will. In fact, our DO even wondered if the 1108 would let him join since he is on the seniority list. And we know the reason why you were denied access to Yammer is because you guys can't have any direct discussion with management. Sure, maybe your management can send you an e-mail about generic happenings but you know they can't communicate anything negotiation related without it first going through the 1108. If Deanna had approved your request to join Yammer, then she and the rest of management would have had to remove themselves from the group so as not to "directly communicate" with the FLOPs pilots.

V1, excellant post. It will be over the goober Praetorians' head to understand, but that's all right. When he and his "brothers" apologize for the lies they post about our management, I might be tempted to look at their propaganda...till then I'll take a pass.
WL

Not true. And what's up with the name calling??? Anyway, I just went back and reread the Yammer thread where the 1108 board discussion took place. Notice past tense as there is no ongoing conversation about it anymore. Nowhere in that conversation did management try to discourage anyone from joining the board. However, some of the pilots said that they wouldn't on their on free will. In fact, our DO even wondered if the 1108 would let him join since he is on the seniority list. And we know the reason why you were denied access to Yammer is because you guys can't have any direct discussion with management. Sure, maybe your management can send you an e-mail about generic happenings but you know they can't communicate anything negotiation related without it first going through the 1108. If Deanna had approved your request to join Yammer, then she and the rest of management would have had to remove themselves from the group so as not to "directly communicate" with the FLOPs pilots.

Where is this coming from about management not being able to communicate with pilots? They can say anything they want to us, they just cant change the way the game is played.

You know, if the FO pilots are so concerned about what's on yammer that maybe they should ask their new boss DW what is being discussed on yammer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back