• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sure if the furloughs don't have a negotiated right to vote, they don't get to vote.

I'd like to hear from the prognosticators at Options. What percentage of your guys will vote to keep 1108? I'm guessing about 25% of our guys will vote for representation.

I'd like to hear from the prognosticators at Options. What percentage of your guys will vote to keep 1108? I'm guessing about 25% of our guys will vote for representation.

The number of flex pilots who will vote for the union depends on what happens to our pay, and jobs, if we vote yes and join. Would we lose pay, schedules, benefits, and our work rules (sure you have some rules that are better, but ours are pretty good. no early AM wake up calls here either)? It'll be hard to convince any of us to vote yes if we lose pay in the end.

Really, no updates

Thank you guys at Flex,
Please can you tell us a few things KR told you.

Besides that you are .......................... because DAC loves you.
You guys and girls are nice people so let us know about the free bees you will get when we will just have to change our rotating beacons to a blue light.

Thanks. That wasn't so hard, was it?

Nobody likes a smartass :) Let me make it even easier for you.

See page 11.

Furloughed Employees
Furloughed employees are eligible to vote in the craft or class in which they last worked if they retain an employee-employer relationship and have a reasonable expectation of returning to work. Furloughed employees regularly working in another craft or class are ineligible to vote in the craft or class from which the employees are furloughed.

I hope you Flex guys make the connection. This is why he ran the CitationAir ruse. He wants to trick the FO furlowed pilots into being pissed at the union. He wants their help voting it out.

My opinion doesn't really matter but I'm gonna say something that no one is gonna like but has to be considered (from the flex side...)

No matter what your opinions are on KR, unions etc... Would the prudent thing to do is vote for decertification so the currently furloughed (180 plus) FO guys don't factor into seats, assignments, integration etc... I know that's a rather selfish and crappy attitude but I'm worried about my family, not yours...

If the situation warrants then a new union could be decided on (yes I know it takes time etc...) in the future...

FYI, I am fairly pro union - and the half truths and smoke and mirror show thus far in 2014 have put me more comfortably in that camp - but in the end, have we all to do what's best for us personally bad for where one falls on the seniority list the best option might be no union...

It's like someone said to my husband - it's a great time to be an investor in KR, a horrible time to be his employee... Lots of unknowns for the latter amongst a group of people not known to be free spirits (nor would you want them to be)

Nobody likes a smartass :) Let me make it even easier for you.

See page 11.

Furloughed Employees
Furloughed employees are eligible to vote in the craft or class in which they last worked if they retain an employee-employer relationship and have a reasonable expectation of returning to work. Furloughed employees regularly working in another craft or class are ineligible to vote in the craft or class from which the employees are furloughed.

I hope you Flex guys make the connection. This is why he ran the CitationAir ruse. He wants to trick the FO furlowed pilots into being pissed at the union. He wants their help voting it out.

But have they retained "an employee-employer relationship and have a reasonable expectation of returning to work. Furloughed employees regularly working in another craft or class are ineligible to vote in the craft or class from which the employees are furloughed." ? Doubtful

See NMB Case No. R-6933 United Airlines, Inc. where the company was trying to include furloughed former employees as eligible voters and the NMB, and the unions, said not so fast buckaroo!

Latest resources

Back