• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

I am sure from your position sitting on top of our seniority list the potential of the IBT merging the pilot groups isn't as scarey a thought as it is for the ret of us. Have you been here long enough to have the cushy grandfathered home basing?

Lots of crews at this company talk to me on a very regular basis. The overwhelming consensus is they want nothing to do with a union. Thus is where I get my into from.

I am sure there are pilots here that either want a union or are open to information from the IBT. All I would like is for them to get accurate information so they can make a decision that is best for them and FJ.

This is what I'm talking about guy's and gal's. Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever change this persons mind, so please move on to the task of reaching out to those that do have a sense of reason and common sense.

Ok Slick, I'm going respond to your rather absurd post this one last time and then I will simply do as I have done in the past. Sit back and watch in amazement, the levels you'll stoop to (unemcumbered and free from retribution) to advance your agenda.

You're wrong, as wrong as one can be. I'm very scared about the merging of the seniority lists. You notice I did not use the word potential, that's because unlike you and yours, who are still living in the fantasy world of FlexJet by Bombardier, the rest of us realize that a merging is inevitable.

You also have a credibility problem. You make statements about cushy benefits, the one mentioned I currently do not recieve while simultaneously (unless things have changed at the school house) make your own schedule and in essence pick your trips. This also affords you the opportunity to make more money (which appearently is the only reason you'd welcome the 1108) then those senior to you in the same equipment. You also blast your horn about the scurge of unions all the while your seniority number at another company is being honored because of that companies union. I don't begrudge you any of these, they come with the position, but it does in my eyes make you a bit of a hypocrite.

In your position I'm sure you do talk with a lot of crewmembers, but given your rather onesided and very vocal views regarding all things union, do you actually believe that all these crewmembers are actually telling you how they truly feel? Really?

And your last statement is really a doozie. You don't want that, not one bit. Because if you truly did, we would not be having this sort of dialog at all.

This is what I'm talking about guy's and gal's. Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever change this persons mind, so please move on to the task of reaching out to those that do have a sense of reason and common sense.

Let us help you, but please help us, what is it that we can do to reach out. Beyond the message board, as I read your post and completely understand the apprehension there.

John MClain There are many out there just like me who are approaching this situation with caution and an open mind. It is a tough road to hoe however due the obvious limitations imposed by both the reality of it and mangagement as well. Communication is the key and they certainly have the upper hand at this time. The open access offer on the 1108 website and the rebuttal to the recent yammer fiasco are exactly the types of things that need to be done.

Well said.

Tough ROW to hoe.

Carry on.

You also have a credibility problem. You make statements about cushy benefits, the one mentioned I currently do not recieve while simultaneously (unless things have changed at the school house) make your own schedule and in essence pick your trips. This also affords you the opportunity to make more money (which appearently is the only reason you'd welcome the 1108) then those senior to you in the same equipment. You also blast your horn about the scurge of unions all the while your seniority number at another company is being honored because of that companies union. I don't begrudge you any of these, they come with the position, but it does in my eyes make you a bit of a hypocrite.

In your position I'm sure you do talk with a lot of crewmembers, but given your rather onesided and very vocal views regarding all things union, do you actually believe that all these crewmembers are actually telling you how they truly feel? Really?

And your last statement is really a doozie. You don't want that, not one bit. Because if you truly did, we would not be having this sort of dialog at all.

Boy I really wish I could pick my trips. Maybe I could quit going to PNE and YUL all winter, or being excited about going home so I can sleep past 0400.

There are a few small benefits that do go with my position. If you knew the extra work that goes on behind the scene with my job you would realize they hardly make up for it. I am not complaining one bit. I enjoy my job and all of the crew members I have been able to help. Maybe you should walk a day in my shoes before you start casting judgement.

As for extra pay, I bet I fell just about right in the average for my LOS and fleet last year.

Anyone else ready to throw rocks from their glass house?

I'm curious. Say after an X amount of time goes by and Kenn screws us so badly that we can't see straight anymore and everyone is saying "told you so." Would you all welcome the naysayers into your "told you so" group if they wanted to cross over? Just curious how that works?!?

Cross bidding was announced by Kenn. Since he is the boss I think his rules would apply.

He told us the exact opposite. I remember hearing it on a phone call. The question was what happens to the old 300s after they get transferred to options and he said the flex pilots would keep flying them as we have the training, experience, blah blah blah.

I don't suppose you have a slide or phone call transcript?

Cross bidding was announced by Kenn. Since he is the boss I think his rules would apply.

I forgot how everything that KR says comes true. He has never started rumors that were false, has he?

Once again, keep telling us how you want to come take our seats.

You message is loud and clear.

(This is directed towards chief9404)

Can't you see what you're doing here? Personally I think you will be wrong, but either way you're feeding the troll. Even if you are right, being smug about it certainly isn't helping. Whose side are you on?

He told us the exact opposite. I remember hearing it on a phone call. The question was what happens to the old 300s after they get transferred to options and he said the flex pilots would keep flying them as we have the training, experience, blah blah blah.

I don't suppose you have a slide or phone call transcript?

The sad part is that you're probably both right, and he actually said both things. That is what KR does best. He will continue to play one group against the other for as long as he can.

Last edited:
I know, I know TWA - KR has not changed a thing at Flex.
That's because he can't change a thing.
KR NEEDS you guys HAPPY.
KR is banking on YOU guys to beat the Union
KR wants to bet the Union
He wants single now, and he wants that because a vote has to occur.
He even said it in an AIN article that he feels the Union wouldn't survive with a single carrier representation vote.

I think we can all agree with this. So once again, why not just say no to single carrier petition? KR wants it not to save money, but because he thinks the union will get voted out. Which is certainly a possibility.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back