• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few of us asked a couple of pages ago about the NMB petition which I don't think got answered. I'm still confused on some stuff.

1 - Only the pilots (50%+1 of group of a representative of that group, the union) can petition the NMB for single carrier status. The company can not do it. Correct?

2 - If that's correct, why is the 1108 doing it? Yeah I know KR wants them to, but can't you just say no? Whats in it for the options pilots? There's a decent chance the union will be voted out, and so it seems risky. Especially if its unnecessary.

3 - Assuming 1 and 2 are true, why why not just negotiate some long term fences, you keep your union and we keep our employee contracts and we play in our own sandboxes. Maybe one day things will go bad like you predict and Flex will be the ones asking for a NMB ruling

I was referring to what you posted earlier. That you would give credit to Bombardier if your pay rates were increased to our pay scale. I'll give Netjets a little credit, but Flexjet did not have to give us a raise. They did, and for that I am grateful.

You guys just can't say it can you? I think you are incapable of uttering the words, let me help you out. Thank you "unionized" netjets for raising the bar to a liveable wage level in the fractional arena. Meanwhile you cast stones at our first contract. Netjets 05 contract wasn't earth shaking either. Don't you get it? Look at how hard RICCI is trying to abolish our union. Why? Because he knows he's gonna have his ass handed to him with us fighting this round with the protections of a federally backed cba. I don't need the 1108 to protect my job, I need the 1108 to protect me from the RICCI/Rossi strip mining show.

Kenn allowed cross bidding for the Travel Air/Flops merge. Are you that naive it's going to be different this time? Bombardier is gone guys. Kenn's the new sheriff in town.

You are likely wrong. Once fences are properly negotiated, Flops will probably only see Flexjet's "cast-off's" as they are replaced with newer equipment. After all, Flexjet will be the "Premier Provider" storefront with new equipment, while Flops is the "Value Brand" store front with the used and/or "re-manufactured" stuff. I am not so naive to think anything is beyond an attempt by the DAC management team, but you certainly don't have to be a smug A$$ about it. Grow up.

Pacific - I learned enough about the IBT when they decided to represent GoJets, knowing they were an alter ego, whipsaw operation. No thanks! I'm sure you got some good guys at your local, but want nothing to do with the Teamsters.

Pacific, it's my impression GoJets was/is an alter ego, whipsaw operation, but that it's the pilots that ask a national union to assist with organizing, then negotiating a contract. How is that to the detriment of the Teamsters?

There are some outstanding people here that work very long hours for everyone's mutual benefit. It is not the Teamsters of the 1930's in any way.

You guys just can't say it can you? I think you are incapable of uttering the words, let me help you out. Thank you "unionized" netjets for raising the bar to a liveable wage level in the fractional arena. Meanwhile you cast stones at our first contract. Netjets 05 contract wasn't earth shaking either. Don't you get it? Look at how hard RICCI is trying to abolish our union. Why? Because he knows he's gonna have his ass handed to him with us fighting this round with the protections of a federally backed cba. I don't need the 1108 to protect my job, I need the 1108 to protect me from the RICCI/Rossi strip mining show.

So what you are saying is that Netjets got a good contract after they dumped the Teamsters?

I will say it. Our pay raise was a direct result of the contract Netjets got.

Our company gave us just about the same pay to keep the chance of us getting a union dowm.

I don't feel I owe Netjets thanks for their contract, they didn't negotiate it for us. They did it for themselves.

We got pay raises at FJ because of the fear of us getting a union. I believe the fear if a union is stronger than actually having one.

We hope Netjets gets a modest boost during this contract also, because I am sure that once again our wages will follow.

The bad thing about a CBA is you are locked into whatever you sign for the duration of the contract plus 3-4 years of negotiations.

We at FJ want nothing more than for you to get compensation similar to ours in your next contract. You guys deserve to get paid more. The IBT convinced you to sell yourselves short.

Even if you get a contract that has similar pay I don't think you'll find a lot of support from FJ. Maybe if you get a raise that is 20% above ours you could finally show us something that looks attractive.

This goes back to the question we have at FJ. What is it we would gain by joining the IBT. You can't just say it protects what you already have. You need to give us something that when it is all added up makes things better for FJ pilots and our families. So far no one can answer this. I am afraid the reason why is you have nothing better to offer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back