• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The argument that the union doesn't want management communicating directly with pilots is a straw man. Management has no contractural limitations prohibiting communication. Frankly, they have the ability and every right to communicate directly with the pilots as often as they wish. The Yammer restriction is all about preventing pilots of both groups from communicating directly with one another, which is certainly something I believe the union would support. Regardless of what we've been told, logic dictates the restrictions come from the management side.

Architect, my compadres are asking you some good pointed questions and you are dodging them like a congressman. Why is single carrier and integration inevitable? Can't we exist as separate pilot groups? Can Ricci march down to the local NMB office and file on his own? If you guys don't file, then why would the NMB rule? It has been my experience when someone or a group is overly anxious to make a deal and the other person or group is reluctant, then someone is about to get screwed. Just don't petition the NMB and this whole discussion will fade away. If you can't let go of this issue then obviously your intentions are hostile as it looks like any deal with Flops pilots will be at your gain and our loss. Answers please, no fluff.

Why would KR need permission from the NMB to combine the pilot groups?

Why would KR need permission from the NMB to combine the pilot groups?

My understanding, and others more educated on the matter can answer, is that it requires 50% + 1 to petition the NMB to look into whether it is a single carrier or not. Given the understanding from both sides that KR does not want the union, if he was able to do it himself, he would already have done so. While I also understand that the 50% +1 is either FLOPS or Flex, I don't see anyone here at Flex wanting to petition the NMB to make a ruling. Therefore, the petition to NMB for single carrier status must come from FLOPS and the 1108.

As people have stated her numerous times, since most of the Flexjet pilots want nothing to do with a union, and FLOPS pilots want their union, then why would anyone petition the NMB? I know that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but it seems to me that both pilot groups get what they want by no one petitioning the NMB. Please correct me if I am wrong.

On a side note, it sure is nice to see dialogue from opposing sides and no BS jabs being thrown.

I would think it probably has more to do with KR having to get all the owners to sign away from thier current companies and into the OneSky group with either Flexjet or flight options service levels.

I think it would be easier for him if the union demanded it. Then it could be shown to the owners that it's not his fault or doing he can simply blame the union.

But other than contractual obligations what's keeping him from simply combining the groups. The NMB, from what I've gathered, is more an employee or labor group resource.

It seems like Flex Pilots think Flops pilots want to combine lists. I don't want to Combine anything with Flex.. How would that benefit FLOPS..Riccis wants the single carrier status..Keep your Flex at will to work rules..I will take my lower pay without being fired for No reason with no Notice..I will take my lower pay to be able to say no to something illegal or flying over 14 or calling fatigue. I also agree we should stay separate but ricci won't allow it..

It seems like Flex Pilots think Flops pilots want to combine lists. I don't want to Combine anything with Flex.. How would that benefit FLOPS..Riccis wants the single carrier status..Keep your Flex at will to work rules..I will take my lower pay without being fired for No reason with no Notice..I will take my lower pay to be able to say no to something illegal or flying over 14 or calling fatigue. I also agree we should stay separate but ricci won't allow it..

Well that is why we are confused. Ricci can't force a merger because you are union and we are not. He can't petition the NMB for single carrier status, only the employees (or their representative, as in a union) can. So if you guys don't petition the NMB, then we continue along like we are right now. Why do you HAVE to petition the NMB?

If KR wants to move FJ to FO 135 cert. then only Pilots on Flops seniority list can do the flying per CBA. He needs to merge the list so we can all fly on one certificate.

If KR wants to move FJ to FO 135 cert. then only Pilots on Flops seniority list can do the flying per CBA. He needs to merge the list so we can all fly on one certificate.

What makes you think it will be the FO certificate.

The Jet Solutions certificate was purchased by One Sky.

You guys will transition to the new certificate and that solves this problem.

Neither side seems to want to merge, so we stay separate lists on one certificate.

You play by your union rules and we have direct contracts with management.

This seems to be what both sides want, so leave the single carrier status alone and everyone stays happy.

In my nearly ten years here at Flex no one has been fired because they weren't liked by the leadership. No one has been fired because they wouldn't go over 14 hours. No one has been fired for calling in fatigued. Your post is ignorant because you know not of what you speak. I know of no one here that hasn't had a slap on the wrist for doing something dumb. We all screw up from time to time. The ones that get fired are the ones that lie about it or try and cheat the company out of money. They deserved to be fired. I also assure you that we are more than happy to take our higher pay and better better benefits over your 1108.

Latest resources

Back