• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only a group of beaten down employees would try to convince the employees of another company who is succeeding that their leadership are a bunch of liars. No matter how many good stories we provide, you're going to find fault. There's no pleasing you all. We just received a 10% bonus, brought back all of our furloughees and then some, but yet we're probably losing money, we were never profitable and our leadership are nothing more than a bunch of liars. Do I have that about right?[/QUOTE]

Only reason any of that is because Ricci wants the union gone. Make Flex bigger and Options smaller for the upcoming vote. Were so short staffed it's not funny but no way are they going to bring back any Options furloughees until after the Union vote. Then the fun begins for all you Flex guys. If our contract is so bad then why does Ricci want it gone so bad. Because without it he can do whatever he wants. And he will. I've worked for 2 Ricci companies and there both the same. Minimum work force with maximum work. I flew with a moron last week bragging to me that he flew 12 days in a row. I'm sure our furloughees appreciate that. Only thing keeping me sane right now is the contract and the ability to say no with out recourse when needed. Just finished another fun filled 7 day tour with 44.4 hours in seven days, 4 10 in 24 warnings and 2 fatigue calls. But it sucks. I got in zero workouts this week as just every might was go to the hotel for 10 or 11 hours. And no this isn't the unions fault. It's nasty management team that won't admit we are severely understaffed and too few aircraft . The Flex pilots really should be concerned because it is not Riccis style to run a company with excess resources. I have no idea what the Flex crew ratio is but I'm guessing ours is around 4 pilots per airplane and that includes management pilots and pilots on medical leaves. It's going to be a sad day if the Union is voted off the property as if that happens when you guys realize the mistake it will take 5 to 7 years to ever get representation back. Bombardier is gone pele. Skyjet is going to eventually be run just like very other Ricci company. If you think otherwise your being a fool. Really look at Riccis track record. That's your future. Your past is gone.

Sorry, my sarcasm switch is broke.

We owe it to our management because of their past performance to give them a chance. They have some collateral with us...which can be spent quickly.

I too would like to give management a chance. But it's risky. If the union is voted out and things go bad, then what? It's not like we can just bring a union back.

The longer we can delay the NMB petition the better

I don't see the financials, but the proof may be in my last two bonuses, the recall of our furloughed pilots (and some of yours), record sales, and no pay cuts...(and we're paid ~30% more than you). These are some indications that at a minimum there are no losses. That is also based on how lean Flex runs operations.

You're selling just fear and that's not enough to convince anyone at flex.

I'm puzzled why Bombardier shed that lean money making machine.

I don't see the financials, but the proof may be in my last two bonuses, the recall of our furloughed pilots (and some of yours), record sales, and no pay cuts...(and we're paid ~30% more than you). These are some indications that at a minimum there are no losses. That is also based on how lean Flex runs operations.

You're selling just fear and that's not enough to convince anyone at flex.

You guys have gotten pay raises and bonuses, have your office people also been compensated with raises and bonuses?

To let you know how much Ricci thinks of his office people in CGF, that probably truly work the hardest for this company, haven't seen a dime of an increase in over 7 yrs.

Taken from Hillary .."At this point what does it matter". Bombardier sold FLEX, that is it. And here we all are, FLEX and FO pilots. Waiting for the 1st and 15th for payday, and working for the man.

Nah, another reason why we will remain seperate, "We dont want to share in your financial and labor pain!" !

You don't want to share in our financial pain? You do realize that we are now both working for the same guy.

Just as you are worried about dropping down to our current pay scale, we are worried about going down even farther to Kenn's pre union pay scale.
The CBA pay scale did afterall bring up my pay over 40% in the last 4 years.

Don't forget, your new owner fought that pay increase and now you think he is going to keep his wallet open for you if the union is voted out.

You don't want to share in our financial pain? You do realize that we are now both working for the same guy.

Just as you are worried about dropping down to our current pay scale, we are worried about going down even farther to Kenn's pre union pay scale.
The CBA pay scale did afterall bring up my pay over 40% in the last 4 years.

Don't forget, your new owner fought that pay increase and now you think he is going to keep his wallet open for you if the union is voted out.

Jesus man, why do you long timers still work there? I thought us airways pay was bad.

Believe it or not, I like the fractional flying, schedule, home baseing and a few other things. I just would like to see a few improvements.

Understood. The beat down just sounds unreal. Maybe it's simply complaining.

General pilot feeling......Bombardier was hemorrhaging cash because of all of the delays in the C-Series and the Lear 85 and we were quick cash. Look at the 1700 people Bombardier has furloughed since the beginning of the year. That smells of cash flow issues.

What we were told my managment......Bombardier wanted to get back to its roots of building and selling aircraft and trains and being in the fractional business was not their core business.

My personal guess....a little of both of the above. That being said, I am also glad we are away from Bombardier as I feel they were keeping us from growing. Which way our two companies go is anyones guess. I just hope that we all can get through this relatively unscathed and work together as one. Flexjet has a lot of great pilots as I am sure Options does as well.

Latest resources

Back