• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet DO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not defending anything but the pay is comparable to 6/7 year LR Capt. pay.

Maybe they should posted a yearly pay scale then it might have looked a little more promising. As it is now, only FOs who are junior at Flex or the Options side are probably interested...and that's probably what KR is counting on.

Without a payscale right in front of me, I believe a 7 year Lear CA is around $600ish/day. At 16 days times 13 that's $125k. If you compare it to the 192 days that they say the Global will fly then it's only $115k. The minimum for this position would be $140-145k it says.

Without a payscale right in front of me, I believe a 7 year Lear CA is around $600ish/day. At 16 days times 13 that's $125k. If you compare it to the 192 days that they say the Global will fly then it's only $115k. The minimum for this position would be $140-145k it says.

Thats called Tricky Ricci Math..They teach that at Notre Dame

I'm no cheerleader for Ricci but I'm not sure how that's tricky math? You'll make more doing 192 days on the Global than 208 on the Lear. If you want to compare to Challenger rates, then it's really not a huge incentive unless you're the chief making $200k as it says.

So it's senior LR captain pay or basic Challenger pay with as yet to be disclosed incentives that could increase it 50ish %. So you've got to really want to do it on the Flex side at least, and there's a chance that you could be partnered long term with several dorks, so you've got to consider that in addition to basing, schedule and Flex's general ability to cheese things up.

The single aircraft flight department routine is an interesting work around the need for a core fleet though.

After overtime and bonus the two salaries would be close. But that's neither here nor there.

I think we're actually in agreement as I figured this is just a starting salary on the Global. I'm sure there will be a 12 or 15 year pay scale making the job seem a bit more attractive. Remember the 192 days are just the "target"...they could work 50 days or the maximum allowed by law. I think it would be too much of a risk to 'quality of life' to give it a chance....but hey, if you're above me on the seniority list I say, knock yourself out!!

Is SFO a term the company uses, or is that a pilot term for those individuals?

Is SFO a term the company uses, or is that a pilot term for those individuals?

DOH, that is straight from KR's book. And yes, I bought it and read it. It gave me some insight into how he thinks. Not all bad, but definitely not all good either.

The SFO program was part of KR's two-tier pay and benefits program. Pay the SFO above average and the rest of the pilots below average. The SFO's also got to wear an Armani inspired jacket with five stripes on the sleeve that angled up.

The SFO program was part of KR's two-tier pay and benefits program. Pay the SFO above average and the rest of the pilots below average. The SFO's also got to wear an Armani inspired jacket with five stripes on the sleeve that angled up.

I started laughing when I read this. Welcome to the team boys (flex).

Latest resources

Back