• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet CL604 QOL questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats on flex bro. You'll like it. Don't expect much international unless you ask for it. Enjoy the 604 like he said because, you know where you go when you make captain!! Did they tell you how long to upgrade?? We're seeing right at 2 years to upgrade right now but curious as to what they thought.

They weren't that explicit on the whole upgrade thing, and I didn't ask. I guess I just figure I'll take it when it comes. If it takes four years, so be it. If it takes two, that's just gravy.

So is drawing the 604. It'll be nice to fly something I can actually stand up in. At least, for awhile.

I'm just glad to be aboard. You guys sound like you really like it, which was one of the things I mentioned to CP Rick during my interview: the noticeable lack of belly-achy posts from Flexjet guys.

Hope that means something, other than the fact that there's five times as many NetJet guys out there and, hence, a proportionately greater number of gripers.

See you soon!

What kind of schedule do you guys have at Flex? I know it's not 7 and 7.

It's not 7/7 but, you can ultimately get it. Here's how it works so peeps will quit asking:

You are guaranteed 16 days of work out of 28.
You can tell the system you are willing to work up to 2 days more.
You can tell the system you are willing to work up to 2 days less.
You are guaranteed 4 days off after working 6(if you chose that).
The minimum guaranteed days off is 3.
The minimum days to work is 4.
Now, with all that, you tell the system what you either desire or want to avoid. This can be almost anything you can think of, literally. From, I don't want to duty-on on Thursdays to, I want to begin work on Thursdays. Too many variables to list here but, you get the idea.

SO, what it boils down to is this: you may work 4,5,6, or 7(if you chose it) days in a 28 day period. If you had chosen to work as little as 14 your days off will be 14; or, 12 days off if you had chosen to work the 16. confused??

Here's an example of someone that chose to work 14: 6on/4off 4on/5off 4on/5off ; OR it could be this (based on what you want) 5/5 5/5 4/4. OR it could be something crazy like this: 4/7 6/4 4/3 ; OR this: 5/8 5/5 4/3 (because your last 2 days bled into the next bid period)

SO, when you ask a flexjet person what the schedule is....it's a loaded
answer!

I HIGHLY advise you new guys to look at the schedules in PBS and find someone that works what you want to work. Ask that person what they bid or get the planner to fill it out for you. They are VERY helpful in helping you out with PBS--don't hesitate to ask for help.

Last edited:
What are the chances for airline types who are 121 Charter that are about to retire? Does Flex want guys like us? Also, what's the 30 question ATP test like?
Thanks for the info.

We have alot of retired American and Delta guys. I definitely wouldn't sweat that atp test, it's really a joke I think! With your time, you'll laugh when you take it. Basically, if you meet the minimums, you can get hired. They definitely don't discriminate against older guys! Customers like to see some gray hair up front! Send your resume ppriest!

I agree with doyle. Also, you have to ask yourself the big question. Can I take orders from someone who is 20 to 30 something and potentially a female. Some people have issues with that. Just as you have read in other posts, this can be a hard working job of slinging bags, doing lavs, cleaning the interiors, etc. We have had many former airline guys who did not like it and left. Also, some folks have disliked not knowing what you schedule was each and every day. While some days, everything goes according to plans, others change from minute to minute. When you hear people say, "We put the Flex in Flexible", they are not joking. Good luck in whatever way you go.

What are the chances for airline types who are 121 Charter that are about to retire? Does Flex want guys like us? Also, what's the 30 question ATP test like?
Thanks for the info.

Congrats and welcome aboard I think you will love it here. As you said the interview was very easy and during mine I had the ACP for the 60 doing my sim eval. He was very surprised when I showed him how we use to roll the Lears when I was flying freight and just asked me not to do that with the Flex LR's LOL.

Bailey

Latest resources

Back